Anti Roll Bar

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while but this is my 1st post. Congrats on the forum - lots of info and seems pretty friendly too:grinning:

I have a 2002 1.0S and have just bought a front anti-roll bar to try and help reduce the boat like feeling in corners. Can anybody tell me what size and thread the 4 body mounting bolts should be please?

Cheers

Steve

No - the later models did not have anti-roll bar fitted to reduce costs. They don't even have the brackets on the rear axle:p

Could do with knowing what the thread is and the bolt length if possible.

Cheers

No - the later models did not have anti-roll bar fitted to reduce costs. They don't even have the brackets on the rear axle:p

Could do with knowing what the thread is and the bolt length if possible.

Cheers

Oh right, hadn't realised sorry, tight ######s aren't they. If no one else comes along with the answer shortly I'll whip a bolt from mine and measure it for you.

err im not sure where you got your info regarding the anti roll bars but my 2002 1.4 sport + came with them and the brackets for them

Well. finally got it fitted:grinning: It has made a big difference to the handling, still not exactly go-kart like but at least it doesn't feel like it is about to fall over every time I go round a bend(Y)

How far should I tighten the drop link bolts? I'm tightening against rubber so in theory I could just keep going until I run out of thread. At the moment i have about 3 threads showing from the top of the nut - any thoughts, please:question::question:

Cheers

Steve

dog the drop links up tight as possiable...the roll bar will knock about (as it will have play) if there not tight :) thats what i do anyway lol.

dog the drop links up tight as possiable...the roll bar will knock about (as it will have play) if there not tight :) thats what i do anyway lol.

[highlight]no dont do that you will split the bushes[/highlight]

they should be nylon locking nuts
you only need to squash the bushes 10mm-20mm

i think your thinking about the rears dan

Back