Which one to get?

Hello everyone,

I have spent some time on the forum, tons of good info! So you've convinced me to get a K11 :)

Where I live I currently have a choice:

1- 1992 year with 130000Km, clutch changed and 1.3 engine

2- 2000 year with 120000Km, 1.0L Engine

the 1.0 is more expensive by 600€.

assuming the owners looked after them (oil changes and such) and the bodywork is in good nick (all else being equal), would it be better to get the 1.3 (it's cheaper, but moar power) and spend some cash on it since it's older, or get the 1.0 since it is more recent, even if more expensive?

I'm not a mechanic but I'm confident I can do minor maintenance and parts change.

Reading the forum it seems the 1.3 is preferred because of the 75bhp, but where I live (south of France) they are hard to come by. There are tons of 1.0 though.

Thanks!

There are only two K11s for sale where you live??? :eek:

There's, literally, one on every corner around here... have you considered widening your search a bit?

Yeah, I know. Like I say, I'm in the south of france and I really don't have a vast choice. A bunch of 1.0L, but very very few 1.3. I've looked within 150Kms. Hence my question about the 1992 model :)

Ok, so I check for any oil leaks, and have a good look underneath for rust.

What parts would you suggest I replace just to be on the safe side?

1.3 all the way. Check the back end wheel arches/inside sill for rust, also front cross member. Although - South of France, should be rock solid I'd think. Engine shouldn't be a problem, as long as its dry.
1.3 power over a 1.0 lt everyday for me, just as cheap to run, and surprise quite a few with the performance ...... go for it, you won't be disappointed.

1.3 all day mines done 118.000 so whats that 160.000 km gearbox spot on clutch spot on engine lovely and quite and a real gem even at those miles !!!!

1.3 all day mines done 118.000 so whats that 160.000 km gearbox spot on clutch spot on engine lovely and quite and a real gem even at those miles !!!!
Both mine have always had lady owners, I swear I was the first person to take the white car over about 4K rpm, car got smoother the more I drove it, was like It hadn't even run in at 105k miles! Am pretty sure the grey one will be the same :)

Any '92 K11 would perk my interest. Be interesting to see if the ECU has that funny potentiometer for one :)

aaargh!! guy with the 1.3 changed his mind and is not selling it anymore. Bugger.

I'll keep on the lookout to see if another one comes on the market. There was a red super S 1.3 parked close to where I worked but he didn't want to sell it. Can't blame him lol

Like always, something else will come up and you'll think "thank f**k I didn't buy that first one or I would've never found this one"...

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_205 using Tapatalk

Back