wheels and tyres

gota bit of a dilemma here:

I need two new tyres at the rear, as does my girlfriend on her car...

I'm running 195/45/15's

she's running 195/50/15's

She's buying new wheels and tyres tomorrow and as a result will have two spare tyres.

Now i'm aware that Height wise the 195/50's will be 20mm taller than what I'm running now (and the implications that could have on my speedo).
But here's the thing:

I'm going to be lowering the car by about 40mm soon, and from measuring the current height the rear sits approx 5mm higher.

So - if I decide to use these spare (and ultimately free) tyres that have done less than 2000 miles!, do I put them on the front or the back?

Don't really want negative rake, but at the same time I dont want to accentuate the extra height at the rear.

So my question is this: do I put the 195/50's on the front or the back?

if you think about it your engine has to work harder to turn the bigger wheels and tyres around each revolution, but bigger tyres on the back may lead to rubbing when lowered so the choice is yours

if you think about it your engine has to work harder to turn the bigger wheels and tyres around each revolution, but bigger tyres on the back may lead to rubbing when lowered so the choice is yours

well i don't think this will be a permenant thing - its just that i need tyres (mine are right on the limit), and these are not gonna cost me... but i'll bear that in mind.

Put them on the back, it won't be noticeable, plus a jacked up rear looks cool

(Y)

Back