Tyres for 7J wheels?

I'm looking for some tyres to put on 15x7 wheels, but i'm going to need a bit of stretch on them. I've tried tyrestretch.com but can't find any good pictures of the sizes i'm looking at.
The sizes i'm thinking are: 165/55/15 or 175/50/15. I don't think 185/45 would give enough, if any stretch.
Has anyone on here got/had either of these sizes on their wheels? I've seen 175/50's on 13x7's and they looked fine, but would the stretch be the same on 15's?

I've looked at them, and they're too low profile/not enough sidewall height. The roads around here are terrible so they wouldn't be very good

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Is pretty helpful for trying to get a rough idea of how your wheels/tyres will sit too... Might be worth having a play on there for a bit!
I've tried all sorts of combinations on there already, and after ringing around several places today I think i've found some. 175/50/15, hopefully should give enough stretch. I was originally wanting 165/55 but nowhere had any/knew they existed

Round ones? :p
Thanks Jay, I wondered why I was having so much trouble finding square ones haha! :p

I've looked at them, and they're too low profile/not enough sidewall height. The roads around here are terrible so they wouldn't be very good
5mm different on sidewall height between 165 and 175 / 50 tires , I dont think you see or feel any different but narrower tire give more stretch...

Yeah, it was 165/55 I was looking for originally but nowhere had them and some places didn't even know they existed, so I had to go for the 175/50's

SK193 said:
Yeah, it was 165/55 I was looking for originally but nowhere had them and some places didn't even know they existed, so I had to go for the 175/50's

The sidewall of 165/55 and 175/50 are virtually the same

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

The sidewall of 165/55 and 175/50 are virtually the same
Yeah they look almost identical to me, just a price difference on buying them. Although on tyrestretch.com the 165/55's looked as if they had a bit better stretch and i've heard some people say 175's don't give much but it comes down to which make you buy

Back