Wheels and tyres

CMF_Panos

» CMF Member
Hello fellow micra lovers....I'm a new member and I own a Micra 2001 model, 1000cc with little modifications. (Originally 60 ps, now 75 ps)
Recently I replaced my factory wheels and tyres with aluminium wheels 14' (Cromodora) and 185/55 tyres (Dunlop SP 01). I've noticed right away the difference in my car's performance. Better braking and siding but worst acceleration, top speed, fuel consumption and comfort.
I'm thinking of changing back in factory sizes, both in tyres and wheels (since the 165/60 tyres don't fit the 6' width wheels) and I'm asking for your opinion.
Thank you for your time
Friendly, Panos

Attachments

• 17449.jpg
    17449.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 32

CMF_micrasie

» CMF Member
the little up in ps mite affect your fuel consumption but i personaly would'nt go back to factory wheels n tyres.
i like the extra grip from bigger tyres.
it's down to your own preferance. good wishes.

Sie

CMF_Panos

» CMF Member
Thanks for your opinion.
As a matter of fact, the little up in ps (mostly due to excaust and air filter) has affected the consumption. Also the tyre dimensions are a little big (wide) for the type and weight of the car. Anyway, the tyres are brand new (4 months old, 6000 km) and should be replaced after at least one year.

CMF_Panos

» CMF Member
Micra Nut, my standard wheels are 165x60x14 (manual info).
Thanks for the tip mate but I wouldn't dare put this kind of tyres (185x50) on my micra cause the roads here in Greece are not the best for such low profile (50) !!! I would certainly damage the alloys!

CMF_Micra Nut

» CMF Member
sorry about that, based them on yhr size of my standard wheels

Your difference in diameter is only 5mm. But your tyre is wider so it will make it a bit slower, but should'nt be too much

CMF_Panos

» CMF Member
I've finally decided to change my wheels back to factory size (165/60-14). A long trip around central Greece helped me decide it, because the car is slow at high speed (above 120 km/hr). Also the torque of the 1 lt engine isn't enough for this kind of wheels.
I'll let you know about the feeling of my new wheels as well as the consumption, top speed etc.

Back