Wheel spacing? 50-60mm? ADVICE NEEDED!

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Got a 70mm wide arch kit fitted, just finishing smoothing it in and im wondering how i could space my alloys out to "fill" the arches? (looks abit silly atm) The main problem i can see i the rubbing issue as the standard metal arch is still in place behind the wide arch kit.....

Any ideas on how i can space the wheels? (i.e. longer studs? Or a kit?) And anyone got any bright ideas on how to solve the arch situation?

Thanks in advance!

Check out my blog in sig! On first page, down near bottom, you can kinda see in a couple of pics how deep the wheels are in...

Yeah its lowered on mph's -50mm springs!

So id have to cut it right back? Then seal it up?

Any suggestions on the rims? (sizes, etc)

im gunna have the same issue, luckily my mate is a fabricator so can make summit up, ile see how mine go then possibly see about making them available to the micra community

I do all body fabricating myself to save the extra $$$.

Will get it cut and sorted monday then, poss go into tuesday aswell if i run into any problems. Which tool would be best for this guys?

I do all body fabricating myself to save the extra $$$.

Will get it cut and sorted monday then, poss go into tuesday aswell if i run into any problems. Which tool would be best for this guys?

the front,s just need trimming with tinsnip,s, the rear,s are doubleskin eh, personally i would air chisel the outer skin first, then the inner arch (10mm less cut) and wrap the flange around and clinch it like a doorskin

Wheel spacers and extremely deep dish wheels will increase wear on the wheel bearings.

There's a wide track kit available that will allow you to widen your track properly, though it's not cheap.

allthough the march cup guys use nismo 50mm hubcentric spacers and havent any probs... ive been running my 35mm spacers for a year now and have had 0% problemo's

yeah you'll be fine so long as the orig front/rear arch is modified :D (mines at 70mm drop iirc and ive got a few cm's of space between what will be the tyre and arch kit...

Back