Lowering springs (front+rear) 50-60mm

SteveG

Intake n exhaust almost done, suspension next :)
I've got a '96 K11 1.0 and finally got around to fitting a KYB Excel-G suspension kit that I bought second hand on eBay. It was advertised with 40mm lowering springs but turns out they are just OE-spec stock height (I guess just the regular ones that come with the KYB kit?)

Anyway, after fitting the front struts, I'm a bit gutted and was looking at swapping out the springs and came across a few threads where Matt (mph) mentioned a lowering spring kit that he does with a 50 or 60mm drop, that works with stock shocks (but better with uprated ones)...

Wasn't sure about the pricing (stated as "plus VAT" on his site), but I'm guessing it's £147.50+VAT = £177.

It's a bit steep for me and the car's not in the greatest condition (so not really worth brand new parts), but I'm determined to get my hands dirty with car restoration and modification (my dad's done it all his life, retiring with a Triumph GT6 project car!). Already replaced the full exhaust+manifold and switched out the air box, so I'm looking to improve the handling, mainly the rolling during cornering.

I've got an angle grinder and actually bought some cuttings discs the other day (unrelated, just stocking up), but would rather not have a terrible ride on cut, OE-spec springs!

If anyone has cut OE-spec height KYB springs and found it alright, I'd definitely give it go. Always got my original suspension to swap back in if the cut KYB springs are truly awful.

But yeah, point of this post is:

if anyone has a full set of lowering springs with something like 50-60mm drop, that work well with stock/KYB shocks, let me know how much you'd like to part with them! :)

Already have an adjustable panhard rod from noddie, so pretty sure just some lowering springs will sort me out...

I did see those, but south coast collection only... bit of a drive from Manchester, lol, and no response from the seller about sending them by courier...

Back