tyre advice needed please

I havnt been on here in a while as my micra got thumped by a van and I lost all interest for a while. Now that ive got the micra mojo back i need to get tyres for it. Its got 14x6 (et35 i think) alloys on it with the standard 165/60/14 tyres at the moment and im going to go with some 185/55/14 tyres.
Does anyone have any recomendations of what make to go for as a good all-round tyre? Im not looking for something soft and sticky like a yoko (been there with a mini, new set every 6 months lol) just the best allrounder i can get at a 'reasonable' price bearing in mind im buying 4. Also i have plans to lower it just 35mm, id love to go lower but again ive been there with a mini and as its my daily i dont want my spine shattered on every bump and pothole.
This is where we are now. If anyone has any ideas or recomendations, please share.:)
micraset003.jpg

Actualy, since this was taken ive fitted nice shiney centre caps to the wheels. thats all.

OP
OP
k11TZZ
jk9194- Cheers, it was a lucky find this one, paid a little over what it may be worth from a dealer, but he was the sort of dealer that you wish they were all like, geniunly honest and only stocked the sort of quality that he would own himself. His mint 18000mile daily premera was due to be stock, until he kept it, everything else he had was mint too. As for tyre grades, im looking for well lasting year round daily tyres that will be good in all weathers plus reasonably grippy in the dry that wont break the bank for a set of four, mind you that probably what the majority are looking for lol

mrcheese- thanks, they are Black Racing BR4's. A lucky local find that are by far the lightest wheels ive handled at a shade less than 5kg each. Ive seen many wheels in my time and i tend to remember the unusual ones and id never seen a set of these before. I dont think youll find any more in this country but id love to be proved wrong. ive googled them in the past and it seems there are only a handful of sets in existance worldwide.

jk9194- Cheers, it was a lucky find this one, paid a little over what it may be worth from a dealer, but he was the sort of dealer that you wish they were all like, geniunly honest and only stocked the sort of quality that he would own himself. His mint 18000mile daily premera was due to be stock, until he kept it, everything else he had was mint too. As for tyre grades, im looking for well lasting year round daily tyres that will be good in all weathers plus reasonably grippy in the dry that wont break the bank for a set of four, mind you that probably what the majority are looking for lol

mrcheese- thanks, they are Black Racing BR4's. A lucky local find that are by far the lightest wheels ive handled at a shade less than 5kg each. Ive seen many wheels in my time and i tend to remember the unusual ones and id never seen a set of these before. I dont think youll find any more in this country but id love to be proved wrong. ive googled them in the past and it seems there are only a handful of sets in existance worldwide.

Vredestein Hi-trac 2 is reputable, I have some friends who have mounted.
Best quality / price ratio
buyer reviews on french tire dealer site
http://www.allopneus.com/VREDESTEIN-HI-TRAC-2-185-55r14-80-h-48554.html#avis

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
I'm using uniroyal (the rain tyre) fantastic lots of grip in wet and dry (195/50/15)
Had the wheels on coming up to a year now and using a depth gauge I've not even lots a 'mm' of tread really good.

generally i think DT sells everyday stuff at high prices, but the specifi stuff is usually reasonably priced.

its the same with the shop at Oulton Park. lots of massively expensive motorsport books exhaust heat wrap etc, but they have exhaust bends for £30 to £50 in stainless, and a huge range of them.

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
If you got 14s got with some 185/50/14, will allow for a much better fitment. Yokohama A539s are awesome and not too soft. Maxis also do tyres in the same size, so do continental.

I ran the cf1's on my k10 in 175/60x13 on 7" rim, excellent tyre

They are excellent as you say. Rather oddly I came across someone who ran the same size tyre as you had and he didn't rate them at all, which is rather puzzling. My Micra looks totally standard, so a lot of people are rather shocked when I leave them for dead round the corners.

They are excellent as you say. Rather oddly I came across someone who ran the same size tyre as you had and he didn't rate them at all, which is rather puzzling. My Micra looks totally standard, so a lot of people are rather shocked when I leave them for dead round the corners.
The grip was immense, I had them delivered to my home address from Camskill and when I picked them up I could actually feel how sticky they were! Wear rate wasn't too bad either. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Talking of cornering I tend to find that on roundabouts people will just pull out in front of me because 'there's no way a micra can go round a roundabout that fast!' :D

Talking of cornering I tend to find that on roundabouts people will just pull out in front of me because 'there's no way a micra can go round a roundabout that fast!' :D

I tend to find people do that too, I think it's a Micra effect - ie doesn't seem to matter what tyres I'm on! lol
I have CF1 185 14 too, they are pretty darn good.

Hi K11TZZ Your car looks cool, Mine is similar to yours same colour 3door 1.0S. Where did you get the chrome bits from? door handles rear hatch chrome handle and bumper chrome corners? Thanks