wheel boss / horn problem /

seanington

Ex. Club Member
I've installed a custom steering wheel and wheel boss but the problem im having is now the horn is continuosly on. Im no electrical expert but i had i go at it and cant see what i've done wrong

would appreciate some advice on how to wire it up properly because i want to get the car MOT'd asap before i do more mods

ive got some pics of how ive done it so far

P170409_1716.jpg

P170409_171601.jpg

P170409_171602.jpg

what ive done is got some wire, and soldered it to one of the terminals on the horn , and fed it round the back and attached it to the green and white wire which the haynes manaul says is for the horn using a scotch lock.

i then connected the single spade from the wheel boss to the other terminal on the horn. but every time i connect it , the horn goes off! :(

when i did this i didnt have to solder anything, just connected the 2 spade terminals up, i found the horn came on constantly, swapped the 2 wires around and hey presto ;)

did you have to splice into the green and white wire ? (my micra is 98 facelift and comes with airbag)

and i had to solder because only one spade connection was on the wheel boss, the other wire comming from green/white was spliced into and soldered to the other terminal so its possible i might have done it the wrong way round ?

and also do i have to cut the green white /wire so it doesnt go into the block and only goes to the terminal ?

ok ive tired swapping the terminals round and that didnt work , its still on constantly. I've also tried cutting the green wire underneath where ive spliced into it and that just stops the horn working all together :/

if you look at the plug there should be a sliver piece of mettle on there which are connected with two cables one is positive for the horn the other one is a earth if you have msn i can talk you through it

the green and white iirc is the positive so that has to go to one of the terminals and the other wire iirc is black and that has to go to the other terminal but the circuit will only workwhen the wheel is on the steering collum and then the outer part of the horn touches the wheel i really should do a write up on this for all models

Back