Horn.

davey1991

If its not scrubbing, its not low enough.
I couldn't find anything on the search so here goes.
Got a new wheel and boss with a horn push etc, i cannot for the life of me work it all out.
Wiring is not my strong point, what do i need to do.

Car origionally had an airbag sorry shoul've mentioned that but yes i do have the metal rings. One of them has a wire coming of it.

It'll probably be something like, the ring with the wire sits under the boss, contacting with the sprung nipples. That wire passes through the boss and connects to one tab on the switch, there will likely be another wire that connects to a tab washer on the bolt that holds the wheel/boss assembely on.

Connecting the horn to the wheel i've done that was the easy part. But due to the car having an airbag the horn was part of the old steering wheel and now i have the old wires hanging loose confusing me to death.

You need to make up a contact from the horn wire (column side) to the boss. I hacked up a normal micras horn contacts to suit (only used the copper contact and spring though and an old pen :D), theres a guide on here in the guides section which might help. Not sure if you can see it or not?

Back