steering wheel boss.. horn problems!

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
grrr bloody steering wheel! i have a k10 super s boss kit! and a prefacelift k11 boss kit (both the same as each other) but my car is a facelift and the horn doesnt work! apparently i need to wire something?

the bit that goes onto my horn button is screwed to the back of the boss and thats it! so its only connetcted to the boss not the car.....

ive heard i need to modifiy a connector somewhere... but i need instructions :p....ive also lost my horn wire somewhere i think :S

facelift k11 owners help me :p

cheers
dan

a connector i have found...think its the air bag one:
P1010410.jpg

and the back of my boss:
P1010411.jpg

confused :S

There should be a round brass terminal sticking out of face plate arrowed this is where the wire connects to for the horn to work on steering wheel, the contact for the horn is on base of boss also arrowed, can you tell me did your car have an airbag fitted.....im not up on the facelifts but the prefacelifts all work in this way so I would assume yours would be the same.

Attachments

• faceplate.jpg
    faceplate.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 671
  • boss2.jpg
    boss2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 355
mine has an airbag...ive found out iam missing my horn wire! it connects to the airbag yellow connector...its the airbag and horn in the same adaoptor.. so no worrys :) just need to get my wire and plate.

mine has an airbag...ive found out iam missing my horn wire! it connects to the airbag yellow connector...its the airbag and horn in the same adaoptor.. so no worrys :) just need to get my wire and plate.

you ould fint one at a scrappy and conver it or slice into it using a spade connector as tats all they are really

you can search for a later thread about this if you like...theres a pic of how i fitted mine, not gonna say its THE way to do it, but may help you out :)

Back