What's the best body-filler to use?

Yeah, that axle looks bent. It's not hard fitting a new one, but it's a pain in the arse. Looks like my friends when he slid into the kerb on some ice. Spent a whole day going across scrapyards trying to get a decent axle off.

It looks even worse in the metal now I've picked it up, they bring them out on a fork-lift and just plonk them down and off you go!

Amazingly the door still opens and shuts!

Yeah, I'm in agreement with Mullet - may need a bit more than just filler! :p

Shame looked like a nice tidy one!

It's a bit rough to be honest, looks like they did a fair bit more damaged to it at the salvage yard, the roof looks like they've dragged the forks of the fork lift across the back bit.

I could just sit in it on a hot summers day with the air-con on :eek:

You could... But it would be more fun to go out and drive it ;)

Still, good luck - I hope you get it sorted!

The axle shows no obvious signs of where it has bent, I'm not going to take it off just yet, I need to get a quote for getting the side repaired, the B-pillar has been pushed in about an inch.

Anyone localish to me do a bit of Panel-beating? or anyone have a cheap axle going spare?

Thanks

The axle shows no obvious signs of where it has bent, I'm not going to take it off just yet, I need to get a quote for getting the side repaired, the B-pillar has been pushed in about an inch.

Anyone localish to me do a bit of Panel-beating? or anyone have a cheap axle going spare?

Thanks

I have a spare axle as im swaping mine for discs axle i have

looks like it need new door, new sill, new rear arch and thats after you have puled the dint out lol!! hope you got it cheap. i.e free lol

I only bought it for the 50k mile engine at first, now it seems a shame to break it as everything on it seems to work, and its growing on me :) but if I can't get a cheap repair done it may still end up being broken up.

What does the axle weigh? and do you think it could be posted?

Thanks

Axle itself isn't that heavy. However, if it comes with the hubs, brake drums, and trailing arms, then it will be very heavy, and badly weighted.

Back