What's wrong?

I have done some nice mods:

>> 1.0 pistons inside my CG13 (cr from 9.6:1 to 12.5:1) (new pistonrings)
>> Humpries 773 cams (all valves have the right shims)
>> Cilinderhead ported + flowed (myself......so this COULD be NOT done as ik should be done and COULD couse the problem)
>> K&N cone filter (K57i kit, I know it's not super, but it's good enough)
>> Janspeed manifold with bigger downpipe.
>> AEM UEGO, wired up to the ECU
>> Fuel pressure regulator (set to 3.0 MAX)

All this and still NOT got the idea I have a fast car!! 0-100 km/h around 9 sec. (this also because the 2nd gear goes to 90 only and have to change up to the 3rd (but this should be not any different than other K11's)
Only thing is I'm not 100% sure the ignition is set right at 15 degrees. This is my first check point to do with a consult (dealer).

If I put my feet on the pedal (no not brake....) I would like to get a push in the back, but that's not happening!:(

What could be wrong people?? Even with these modificarions the AEM gives 13:1 A/F from 4000 to limmit.

One thing also: Does anybody know what sparkplugs I can use best in combination with these mods?? I have the original in right now.

Also I notice the powergain starts high on rpm. Is it possible to raise the rev-limiter? This way I think it's possible to make more speed, also when changing gear. Soon I put a E-manage inside, so I can make some adjustments.

gr Chrismo

Hyundai

Buy & Sell Member
I believe there is a point somewhere in the distributor that you can put tape on, thus releasing the rev' limit. It is also said that the OEM plugs are the best.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Woahh steady on chap. You have done all that work and are still running the STANDARD ECU???

That is your problem. You need to rip that out and get it running on something more capable.

Even with these modificarions the AEM gives 13:1 A/F from 4000 to limmit.

I rest my case. Your loosing a lot of power from LEAN AFRs.

E-manage may help but really you need to change the ecu entirely.

OP
OP
C
Woahh steady on chap. You have done all that work and are still running the STANDARD ECU???

That is your problem. You need to rip that out and get it running on something more capable.

I rest my case. Your loosing a lot of power from LEAN AFRs.

E-manage may help but really you need to change the ecu entirely.

You say Lean AFR's? I have got standard Injectors and an aftermarket AFPR with gauge. It's set to a maximum of 3.0 bar. This is the point I don't get..... Why won't the engine run lean but rich?? I read people putting in 1.6 injectors because of running lean, also using a standard ECU.

Can you explain to me why the engine runs a bit to the rich side? These standard injectors should not be big enough I was told.

gr Chrismo

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
You need to aim for an AFR of about 12:1 and also your ignition map will need a LOT of work as the combustion efficiency will be radically different to a normal K11.

OP
OP
C
Ed, I realy like to know what's possible. Yesterday I send an email to Fusion M. asking what's possible for me, changing the ECU settings/mappings.

gr Chrismo