What size wheel for AD22VF brakes?

CMF_OZChris

» CMF Member
Hi All

What is the minimum wheel size (13", 14") that I can run with AD22VF brakes?

Alternatively, can some one measure the radius of the outer edge of the caliper to the hub centre for me.

Thanks
Chris

CMF_OZChris

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"MickB does :p I have a set of 13s that fit over them, they are just some random old 13x6 meshies

Thanks, I'll give Mick a call :)

I have these random Globe replicas in 13x7

20120512_144334.jpg

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
A lot to do with wheel design too, most steel wheel centres fold back in and hit on calipers. OzChris if they really are 13x7 you might be out of luck, they look quite positively offset for a 7". I would have guessed they were a 5.5" or 6"

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
I have a set on the car + a mostly complete spare set,
I'll be back in Melb in 2/2. 5 weeks if you can wait.
Otherwise pickapart @ kylsith has heaps of 18v if you are in a hurry.
One of my previous Micras had 18v with carbon pads, would be well enough stopping power for what you need + lighter too.

CMF_OZChris

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"A lot to do with wheel design too, most steel wheel centres fold back in and hit on calipers. OzChris if they really are 13x7 you might be out of luck, they look quite positively offset for a 7". I would have guessed they were a 5.5" or 6"

Oops just checked the width and it is 6" between the beads.

CMF_OZChris

» CMF Member
Mickb WROTE:

"I have a set on the car + a mostly complete spare set,

I'll be back in Melb in 2/2. 5 weeks if you can wait.

Otherwise pickapart @ kylsith has heaps of 18v if you are in a hurry.

One of my previous Micras had 18v with carbon pads, would be well enough stopping power for what you need + lighter too.

Cheers Mick, no rush.

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
they may fit in your alloys. I would be going for the 18v though if I were you. Even with $40 **** pads I had zero braking issues in my turbo micra on full slicks last weekend. Much cheaper too!

CMF_OZChris

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"they may fit in your alloys. I would be going for the 18v though if I were you. Even with $40 **** pads I had zero braking issues in my turbo micra on full slicks last weekend. Much cheaper too!

Great to know. I pick up a set of used Yoko semis on Sat :)

Back