bigger brakes

superls

K10 Tuner
Hi, i just wonder if any one can help me.

what it the biggest brakes, and what model are they off of, that will fit inside a 13" steel rim?

as i need some bigger brakes for my planned GA16 project but want to retain the 13" standard steel wheels or some of these
http://www.wellerwheels.co.uk/catalog/102-Spun-Steel-Motorsport-334336.html

i am assuming that the sunny 1.7 diesel setup should fit as these are fitted with 13" wheels, but are they the biggest?, i know that they are fairly big and vented but...

I was told that like the micra K11 hub the Sunny B12 hub is a direct fit onto the K10, is this true? (prob one for speedle to answer lol).

the K11 hub fits so you could use the brakes from one of those, the K11 march calipers will fit your hubs, then you can get vented discs.

cheers sonic a was sort of aware of that but instead of just vented i wanted to go bigger aswell, as with my planned 1.6 conversion 1 litre vented brakes wont be enough

measure the diameter of the inside of the steely, it may be a larger diameter than a 14" alloy, so the gti-r brakes may still fit. just ask someone kindly to measure from center of hub nut to outside of gti-r calipers on a k11. i've not refurbed my gti-r calipers yet, so i can't measure mine.
the b12 1.7 uses 232mm vented discs
the n14 1.4/1.6 uses 240mm vented discs, and also uses a 13" steel wheel.

n14 sunny 1.4/1.6 brakes are engough to stop you! nis is using sunny brakes on his turbo micra iirc. although the pulsar/almera gti brakes are awsome for stoping but need a 14" wheel, and the caliper is close to the wheel at that!

Plus they weight a bit more! Just go for the k11 Uk spec fronts coupled with the master cylinder upgrade, ill be confiming whether the k11 one fits at the end of the month. Also look into upgrading the rears.

why upgrade the rears??? they hardly come into play unless you have about 400bhp on tap and need to stop in 1second. front brakes are engough and do nearly all the work.

why upgrade the rears??? they hardly come into play unless you have about 400bhp on tap and need to stop in 1second. front brakes are engough and do nearly all the work.

lol saying that my k11's rear wheels did spend a lot of time in the air, you may well have a point but still worth upgrading, you lot always think size matters, i was just thinking more on the lines of discs at the rear. My rear shoes in my 1.2 are already suffering from brake fade. with virtually zero mods to the car.

well ive just been down to the scrappers. and they want £50 for K11 hubs, N14 1.6 callipers and disks, but before i buy them i just need to deffinately confirm that the k11 hubs will fit on the k10, and that the N14 calipers fill fit the K11 hub?

or alternatively will the N14 hub fit the K10???

Its believed the K11 hub will fit, with various people saying it will, but i have still yet to see a car with them on. I think you should give it a go as March K11 brakes won't be enough, which doesn't leave you with many other options!

Its believed the K11 hub will fit, with various people saying it will, but i have still yet to see a car with them on. I think you should give it a go as March K11 brakes won't be enough, which doesn't leave you with many other options!

Once again ill have pics at the end of the month!

sonic has k11 hubs on his march (march k11 hubs are the same as k10 hubs) so sonic put k11 hubs on and put his pulsar brakes on...he also says the pulsar brakes wont fit k10 hubs as he as tried! so you need k11 hubs and yes k11 hubs should fit a k10. if pulsar brakes wont fit k10 hubs theres a high chance normal sunny ones wont.

best to be on the safe side man and get some k11 hubs :)

measure the diameter of the inside of the steely, it may be a larger diameter than a 14" alloy, so the gti-r brakes may still fit. just ask someone kindly to measure from center of hub nut to outside of gti-r calipers on a k11. i've not refurbed my gti-r calipers yet, so i can't measure mine.
the b12 1.7 uses 232mm vented discs
the n14 1.4/1.6 uses 240mm vented discs, and also uses a 13" steel wheel.

the hub centre to outer edge of a pulsar caliper on a K11 hub is 160mm give or take a couple of mm, a 13" steel rim is only 155mm at most from centre to rim, theres no way a 13" rim would fit on over it, I'm using 257mm vented discs btw.

14" Sunny alloys will fit over them though.

Back