Wheel Offsets for Micras?

CMF_MacGillaZ

» CMF Member
I have been looking at all sorts of wheels for my mates (dens) micra, and while being told certain wheels 'won't fit' by the experts at the tyre places, I would like to know the facts from people who have acctual experience with the cars.

What is the widest offset which you can fit with a 6" tyre?

I believe the std would be around 48 or so (guessing fwd type offset) so am interested to know, and what size the std Super S wheels are so I have a base to start going from.

My experience with wheels is more with larger rwd nissans, so some clarity of where the starting point is what I would like.

Notably found some awesome 14 by 6s yesturday, but had a pretty crazy offset (for fwd) of +29, so could be pushing the limit of the std guards, but would look tough as (flares maybe) :p

Spoted this car having new shoes put on the other day, and had some interesting fittings as well ...

DSC00475.jpg

new wheels

DSC00468.jpg

Whiteline trailing arms and king springs? had a red rear swaybar.... not sure ....

DSC00467.jpg

N14 brakes, ebc green stuff pads and DBR rotors, whiteline adjust. front swaybar ...

DSC00469.jpg

Cross brace ... interested who makes this, whoever fitted it hadnt finished the job as it was quite loose ... but couldnt see any manu sticker on it ...

Also notice the door skins .... very ..... interesting :D

but yeah ... ur thoughts boys and girls,

thanks,
MacGillaZ

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
a 14x6 ET29 would fit ok inside the arch. thats about as wide as you want to go for the front, rear has slightly more clearance. and you could lower the ride height to anything you like for good handling.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh depends on a few other things best best is to just try and make sure they don't rub on anything.

That red super s looks quite interesting. Own up whoever you are!!

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
those wheels seem a bit wrong on that micra pictured. 205/50/15 tyres. thats 8.5% oversize. would put a bit of strain on the transmission. would also read 100kph when doing 108.5kph if using standard speedo.

Back