Upgrade Brakes for 1.0 K11 Standard Size???

Squizza

Ex. Club Member
Hi Guys and Gals,
Being a brilliant day at Japfest, your all so friendly and helpful :D

On the way home the vibration as some of new know calmed down a little, So just wheel balancing eh? :)
Think the horrible noise is just 13yrs of old disk and probably not so old, but oldish pads...

Now here's the Q >>> Got them 12" Mini Wheels, which one day will be on!
But if I'm replacing the front brakes I also want to upgrade, but due to the small wheels they must be the same size as the standard stock ones...
Sooo anyone got links to ones that meet my requirements, or have the dimensions so I can start the hunt :p

Cheers,
Luke

I would say refurbish the calipers. buy better pads and braided brake lines... I think that would do... as what you've written you aren't getting any performance mods? No need for bigger calipers, however better brakes are always a good option.

johnbr6 said:
I would say refurbish the calipers. buy better pads and braided brake lines... I think that would do... as what you've written you aren't getting any performance mods? No need for bigger calipers, however better brakes are always a good option.

The 100nx brakes are almost the same as k11 brakes but allow for vented discs as standard

are they any thicker, like wider, like outwards haha... I have 1mm play, so the 12's will still be wheels! :p

Thinkin about bike carbs, cams, and exhaust as majors, and then piggybacks and FSE valves and stuff! :)

are they any thicker, like wider, like outwards haha... I have 1mm play, so the 12's will still be wheels! :p

Thinkin about bike carbs, cams, and exhaust as majors, and then piggybacks and FSE valves and stuff! :)
the vented discs are 8mm wider iirc luke (18mm) so the caliper,s might stick out more eh

There's some drilled/dimpled/grooved ones on ebay for £50 new here. And MPH sells some uprated pads by Mintex which seem to be recommended by people who use them, around £60 iirc.

Can vouch for the mintex M1144 mph sells, put them in my 1 litre and the damn thing tries to throw you through the window if you stamp on the brakes

I'll second the stainless braided brake lines though. Cheap and a great upgrade :).

Where do you guys get yours? I got some from mph but they didnt have the little bracket thing to remount the lines to the shock, so i zip tied them to it in the same place, mot is due soon so a little worried

Sounds good... I'll be looking into it!
Really worried now though had various people look at my pads and disks and it would appear there not the problem, but when the cars warm under braking the sounds are horrific!!! :eek:

Nath mate, my 106 had cable tied engine mounts and brake balancers and cable tied everything tbh! :p

Back