what next?

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
right guys im bored...lol

just though i'd get a topic going, this one is mainly for the guys who drive their micra as a main car i.e. students and skinflints etc...

Q: if you had to get rid of your car now and buy another what would it be and why?

NB:remember to bear in mind your financial situation and where your life is going right now, not dream car as such but what would be nice in place of your micra.

If I was to struggle a bit, Toyota Celica Gen7, car can afford the insurance I don't like the price but if the right Celica came along it'd be on my drive straight away.

If not that, Corsa B, yes, you heard right a corsa, always wanted a go on working on one and I reckon I'd make a good looking one

i dont know, either get another micra (facelift, pre-2000 cg13), or maybe even a ford fiesta si, can get some nice ones of them quite cheap + they're fairly nippy. just whatevers going really, only thing i got against jap is getting parts for them is a joke

A CORSA!!!!!!!!!! WTF. My 1st car was a corsa, handling was good but it was just soooooo boring to drive......a stupid old woman not looking where she was going wrote that one off.....but all was good coz then i got my K11 :D

goldstar0011 said:
If I was to struggle a bit, Toyota Celica Gen7, car can afford the insurance I don't like the price but if the right Celica came along it'd be on my drive straight away.

If not that, Corsa B, yes, you heard right a corsa, always wanted a go on working on one and I reckon I'd make a good looking one

Ive always fancied a focus - was good fun to drive when i hired one and quite fast, and they're getting cheap these days too - but i'd prob stay jap and get a Aygo or Yaris or something

A Volvo 850 estate, preferably the 2.5, they're virtually indestructable mechanically and achieve astronomical milages if regularly serviced, have loads of power and handle very well if they are lowered and well set up, plus if you fit a gas kit you can run it for pennies and still have reasonable performance, if I could find a reasonably priced T5 with no body damage I could be seriously tempted :D

sonic said:
A Volvo 850 estate, preferably the 2.5, they're virtually indestructable mechanically and achieve astronomical milages if regularly serviced, have loads of power and handle very well if they are lowered and well set up, plus if you fit a gas kit you can run it for pennies and still have reasonable performance, if I could find a reasonably priced T5 with no body damage I could be seriously tempted :D

I agree! you can pick up ex police T5's for a reasonable price, and you know they will have been serviced regularly and looked after, plus its nearly a 30 grand car new and has 260bhp! http://www.xpcarsales.co.uk/

Ive just purchased a pug 106 xsi-1.4 and it got 100bhp standard, and 0-60 in 9.5 secs, a great car for the money(Y)

mean micra said:
Q: if you had to get rid of your car now and buy another what would it be and why?

Thats dificult, as i plan on buying a Red SR and putting all the parts over to the new one...

erm... ive already been looking at new cars lol either 200sx, Evo 4, Glanza V or a WRX :D

If i wasnt saving for a house with my G/F i'd still have the 200SX S13,

but i would have another one probably a 180SX though. or A 300ZX it would be tight but i could afford it. or if i had the space a kit car of some sorts

by the time ive actually bought my car in 2010!! i will be 24.just the right age for a gtr :D i hope to keep my ncb and collect no points in this time but thats a log way away!

1.i may not have the funds,but i will have a nice girlfriend and a kidney to p/x or sell
2.petroll might cost £5 a litre,or we mite have to use water powerd cars by then anyway
3.i could die or loose limbs that effects my driving
4.i may move to spain with my parents before so no need for a car

so anything could happen between now and then...but i will get one

a VW bora 1.6, great cars, MG Zr again cool cars, peugeot 106 quiksilver, they look funky as standard and i hear fairly nippy

or another rover 214sei 105bhp standard from a 1.4, shifts like hell it does lol

I don't really have anything id change the micra for at the moment - insurance and MPG means its pretty much perfect for me.

In about five years time (if i've managed to hold onto my NCB!) i'd love to get a pontiac gto :D not the new ones, but an old black '74 gto, then go to town on it. The only ###### would be importing it from america, then doing a left to right conversion, still it would definatly be a unique car!

Heres a piccy:

74_00009_1.jpg

I'd probably go for something which I can modify without my friends laughing at me so much. A K11 would be nice too.

im getting the new Yaris T-Sport comes out next year with a 1.8ltr engine and 190bhp engine. Putting my order down as soon as Toyota let me.

Should be quicker than a Civic Type R. I've also arranged for this to be a project car for envy performance who are going to develop some performance parts for it including full coilover suspension and custom induction kit and a big brake conversion to name a few. Looks like this little car will be staying with me for a good couple of years once ive got it. You might even see it at donny next year on the track if ive got it by then......oh and if it doesnt go to plan i'll probly have a new civic type r lol.

attachment.php

ek jordan civic or if i was going to work hard to keep and maintain a car, id go for a pulsar. loved them for years and one day i WILL own one.

Back