What Next....

what can i do to my k11 vibe which i will not have to declare to the insurance men with directline on mums policy so i build up named no claims bonus....better than nothing anyway :D

mainly because it is my mums car but i drive it, but will be stuck with it for a while so what to give it a little overhaul

the alloys are going on next week, once i get some spigot rings and free time off uni....hopefully anyway.

i do want to either cut the springs....which if i did it myself would end horribly wrong :)
or get a set of 30-35mm springs so not too low but lower, and want them to be harder than the stock ones as me and my mate had some fund rocking the car at a set of traffic lights that the girl in the car behind looked like she was going to wet herself in laughter with the amount it was going. :D

cheers guys

stew

I hate how much my car rolls. I have scrapes on my door handles from some fast roundabouts. My friends rock mine as well. tis hilarious though. Oh and the stupidly long aerial, that's fun in traffic. You can pick up 35mm lowering springs for £90 on the bay, which I'm gonna get round to doing soon.

it is soo much fun rocking it at lights and when i had all 5 of us from my uni course...yeah thats how many there are...(good old aero engineers) they seriously tried to roll it round a corner to get onto the motorway...was terrifying :D

and yeah was gonna get a set of the 35mm springs from bay, do i have to declare lowering springs or what....insurance is high enough as it is, (paid £800 and it should have been £1600) :D......half price insurance, so dont want to have to ring up and then them tell me that i need to pay them another £800 :(

I do Motorsport engineering and we've got 16 in our group. And I thought that was a small number :p The roll is legendary in the micra. In the event that you do crash, just tell them that's how it was when your mum bought it, and that you thought that was normal :grinning: and you poor thing, my insurance was £1750 woo ¬¬

yeah you have to declare them but you might be lucky and they wont class them as performance mods... tbh there isn't much you can do without the need of declaration, how ever you could always cut the end off the resonator pipe (the blocked one) and put in a K&N panel filter

unfortunatley anything you change on the car *COULD* be classed as a modification...wich means "NON-STANDARD" to the insurance companies

I really dont understand what you guys are doing with your insurance, i always see threads saying its really mega expensive.........Since i was 17 i had my own insurance and its never been over £800 and ive had SR20DE'S GTI'S e.c.t e.c.t im only 24 and my insurance is £328 a year fully protected e.c.t

unfortunatley anything you change on the car *COULD* be classed as a modification...wich means "NON-STANDARD" to the insurance companies

I really dont understand what you guys are doing with your insurance, i always see threads saying its really mega expensive.........Since i was 17 i had my own insurance and its never been over £800 and ive had SR20DE'S GTI'S e.c.t e.c.t im only 24 and my insurance is £328 a year fully protected e.c.t

who insures you now?

who insured you back then???

im with directline, no mods declared...cos there are non!
20 y/o student full time engineering, car kept on off road driveway (round the back of my house) in stockport...otherside of manchester, average about 2-3k miles/year, no convictions, no claims etc and it is a 1l vibe '96 and if i do it in my own name, directline (who work out cheapest due to family being with them so i get multicar etc discounts) want me to fork over around £1500-1700 even though i have passplus, passed my test first time and i am a careful driver!!!

what i never get is it is supposed to be equal opertunities between men & women for sexual discrimination and then us guys get charged out of the **** because some may go and crash into others....i saw on tuesday at trafford centre a girl in a smart car reverse full speed into a continental gt and look around and then try to drive off!!!!

and rant over :D

It depends on where you live too. I'm 18, 1.3 micra, kept on driveway, £1750 per year. My friend on the other hand, 18 y/o , 1.4 saxo, kept in road, but he lives in the country, £1400 per year. sucks

15s when lowered I reckon. To save on insurance hassle, I'm just gonna paint my steelies. Need a dulux colour guide or something cos I ain't a clue what colour :p

When i had insurance at 17 i was with norwich union on my classic mini as a Learner for £800 TPFT..then when i passed it went down to £700

2nd car was a vauxhall corsa GSi at the age of 18 and that was TPFT for £700

then i had a variety of mini's and other corsa's for around £600-£700 tpft

got the k11 at 19 and fitted bodykit and everything was declared with elephant.co.uk for £450 TPFT

Primera sr20de was £380
Golf gti MK1 with bike carbs and rollcage e.c.t was £362
Classic mini with £3,000 spent on it was £300
My current k11 wich is modified is £343

I do live in north cornwall on the moor's so maybe im just 1 lucky guy lol

I insure my 1974 Ford mustang on my own for £485 a year and she is a 302c v8 :glare:

When i had insurance at 17 i was with norwich union on my classic mini as a Learner for £800 TPFT..then when i passed it went down to £700

2nd car was a vauxhall corsa GSi at the age of 18 and that was TPFT for £700

then i had a variety of mini's and other corsa's for around £600-£700 tpft

got the k11 at 19 and fitted bodykit and everything was declared with elephant.co.uk for £450 TPFT

Primera sr20de was £380
Golf gti MK1 with bike carbs and rollcage e.c.t was £362
Classic mini with £3,000 spent on it was £300
My current k11 wich is modified is £343

I do live in north cornwall on the moor's so maybe im just 1 lucky guy lol

I insure my 1974 Ford mustang on my own for £485 a year and she is a 302c v8 :glare:

yeah it my address, just did it with my dads address is wales and it was 1/3 of the price....moving to there so i get cheap insurance :D

£1498 no mods 12 month at sk5 6ss
£500 with alloys, bodykit and springs <5cm 12 month at ll64 5xb

yeah it my address, just did it with my dads address is wales and it was 1/3 of the price....moving to there so i get cheap insurance :D

£1498 no mods 12 month at sk5 6ss
£500 with alloys, bodykit and springs <5cm 12 month at ll64 5xb

id get a push bike
my integra was less than that when i was 19
as was my skyline when i was 20

at the moment i am with directline on mums policy
she has 4 years named no claims & 1 years full no claims (but has like 12 full no claims on her policy)
car is a 96 1l vibe no mods etc.
car is kept on driveway, and used social, domestic & pleasure cover around 2-3k miles per year
car is kept at SK5 6SS
use my mum & dads multicar discount

total price is £798 this year.

if it was in my name, with all the same as above only i have 1 years named no claims it is £1498 or around that.
change it to female and it is £600 :(

was tempted on getting a bike instead :D...also tempted on trading my micra in for a skoda fabia.....who's gonna nick a skoda :p

.....who's gonna nick a skoda :p

alot of people skodas are really good cars and have been voted manufacturer of the year a few times
also its not all dependant on how likely it is to be stolen
my skyline was £1700 if i said i was a mechanic, but £1200 when i was a postman might be worth considering jobs when telling them obviously you have to be a postie aas it would be a fraudulent claim saying that but just how often do insurance co's ask for proof of where you work??
do you have a garage/know someone with one register it there to be locked there at night

yeah i know skodas are good, learnt to drive in 2 and they're owned by VW now.
we do have a garage, but the car wont fit in it as my dad has all his #### in there, may just say it is being locked in there overnight and just leave it on the front.
i am an engineering student so i maybe able to blag it and put myself down as an engineer rather than student :D

yeah i know skodas are good, learnt to drive in 2 and they're owned by VW now.
we do have a garage, but the car wont fit in it as my dad has all his #### in there, may just say it is being locked in there overnight and just leave it on the front.
i am an engineering student so i maybe able to blag it and put myself down as an engineer rather than student :D
student is massively high risk change it too something else!! engineer will be high but not as high like i said postman is mega low give it a try on confused to see if it makes a difference, and yeah some people may clear out the garage if it got nicked and say thats were its been the whole while
that would certainly drop the risk, if you have a garage use it deffinately

what i dont get is why engineers are a high category, apart from them earning more and therefore having flasher cars.
im a full time engineering student this is my 3rd year of a 4 year course.

but on the other hand, hopefully this time next year i will be getting ready to move to australia so insurance wont be that much of a bother... my mate who moved over there 2 years ago has no claims discount and a ford V8 and he pays the equivalent of £500 :D

what i dont get is why engineers are a high category, apart from them earning more and therefore having flasher cars.
im a full time engineering student this is my 3rd year of a 4 year course.

but on the other hand, hopefully this time next year i will be getting ready to move to australia so insurance wont be that much of a bother... my mate who moved over there 2 years ago has no claims discount and a ford V8 and he pays the equivalent of £500 :D

send me a xr8 engine back need one for my 200sx, might keep you on my friends cheap bits lol
engineer can be closely related to mechanic, not as expensive as mechanic insurance, but similar tuning abilities means that you are more likely to modify your car also more likely to not repair your car when something is wrong, as a mechanic i understand if i see hear something broke ill make a quick assesment as to how dangerous it is if i believe it to be good enough ill continue on my way wereas a less knowledgeable person will get the car repaired straight away as they dont know whats wrong and worry hense increased risk

ahh i suppose so...yeah i was over ther in june just gone and i managed to hire out a maloo for a week and it cost me like £200 + fuel...was awesome soo much quicker than my micra :D

and fixing car wise, its just hit whatever isnt working with the biggest hammer i can find :D

only lokin, i normally spend most of my time under the bonnet my mum keeps tellin me i spend too much time on it, but i try to keep it as clean and functual as possible, cleaning parts greasing etc just to make sure it runs as well as it can.

Back