What i've done to the 1.6 so far :)

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
so of you will know that i bought the 1.6 super s from J A Kelly a while back and this is what i have done sooo far,

first of all i changed all the pannels :) thats the doors, bonnet, grill, wings, petrol cap and rear hatch.

i don't have a pic but it looks pretty much the same ;)

then i sorted the mucky cam cover:
purplecam.jpg

i only had purple but i think it looks nice :)

then i got a spare engine and gearbox for £75 :D
slammed.jpg

there is my dads car totally slammed!!
ga16.jpg

weighs a ####ing ton!!!

then i sorted out the starting controls (at the moment i have to hot wire it)
dash2.jpg

dash1.jpg

thats everything for the moment, watch this space for updates :D

comments welcome ;)

This tread should be made a Sticky!!!

and nice work i dident think you were doing that much (new about the new panels and engin but didnt know you hade it)

and i like the look of your dads car slammed!!

Looking good man - will need to come down and go for a spin in it sometime. Will be able to help out with work on it etc to :)

Titch

Titch said:
Looking good man - will need to come down and go for a spin in it sometime. Will be able to help out with work on it etc to :)

Titch

yea Titch that would be soo cool :)

i'm gonna aim to get it to JAE but these things always seem to take longer...

thanks for the comments, i think i'm going to get it resprayed next just to sort any outstanding rust. then posibly its the roll cage or the carbon seats.

really need to pay more attention to the 1.3 :down:

Andy_S said:
hold on new engine? wheres the old 1.6 gone?

it's still in the car, i just have a spare engine because the one in there isn't running well and i'm not exactly sure what the problem is so i might just rebuit the whole thing and use the best bits from each engine.

i origanaly just wanted the GA16 gearbox for my 1.3 and the guy in the scrappy said he'd have to take the engine out so i asked him how much it would be for both and he said £75 which includes the TB and a pre nats ECU so i got the lot :D

the other scrap yard i go to wanted 270 for the engine and gearbox plus 45 for the TB and ECU....

Looking good bud!

I hope you can find out why it's running funny, i think it's the "hybrid" wiring, part 1.3 and part 1.6, but good price on the engine and gb for a spare at least!!

You gotta love the hotwiring start! when you have the button start done a guide would be great.

goldstar0011 said:
Looking good bud!

I hope you can find out why it's running funny, i think it's the "hybrid" wiring, part 1.3 and part 1.6, but good price on the engine and gb for a spare at least!!

You gotta love the hotwiring start! when you have the button start done a guide would be great.

thanks mate,

I think it may be a combo of wiring, dirty injectors and a dodgy air sensor.

i'm gonna see if i can get it insured and then i'm taking it to an auto elecy to see if they can sus it.

yea i leant so much about the hotwiring from that car lol,

the start button was simple, i'll see if i can sort a guide out with some pics for your site goldstar ;)

basically you tap into two wires in the ignition loom and put a switch across them :) simple as that. there is a relay further down the line already in the micra wiring so you don't need anything other than a switch.

I thought so!!

I'd need to break my steering lock too and add something like you immobiliser but my switch would be a remote button :D

A guide would be very welcome, you'll be getting first MM stickers when we get some!

goldstar0011 said:
I thought so!!

I'd need to break my steering lock too and add something like you immobiliser but my switch would be a remote button :D

A guide would be very welcome, you'll be getting first MM stickers when we get some!

cool!! a remote would freak people out lol,

drill the steering lock out, it takes time but its the best way.

i'll try and sort out a guide tonight when i install the ignition pannel :D

whay stickers are cool! :D

goldstar0011 said:
what do you drill on the lock though?

Can't i just break the pin in the ignition barrel?

you could have a go at beaking the pin but then you're puting stress on the collum and you'll have a bit of metal ratteling around...

if you take the surround off you will see two gold headless bolts holding the whole ignition barrel on, you have to drill them out. make sure you have a substitute for your ignition barrel because other wise it will be swinging around by the wires.

if you have a look at how the whole barrel/ lock assembly is mounted you will see what i mean :)

damn.......... u cant see it!!!! he does the 2 switch and then the button!!! witch start the engine!!!!!!!

when j.a.kelly had the car and i had my 1.6. we both knda agreed both our cars had the same problem. mostly because they had the exact same wiring

i dont know how far you lot have looked into this problem.i know i didnt as i got fed up and got a new car.but
1. i think it needs a pro to have a look at the ecu and maybe fit a piggy back to it.
or 2.take out the loom and fit the 1.6 entire loom because it does make sense even though it "works" on the 1.3 modded loom

goldstar0011 said:
I i think it's the "hybrid" wiring, part 1.3 and part 1.6, but good price on the engine and gb for a spare at least!!

tbh its not that bad.its the whole 1.3 loom with the 1.6 ecu and 3-4 connector block extensions and swaps

so its not really a hybrid loom,just a slightly modded 1.3

thanks RIK, well i am going to the scrappy to try and get a full loom. i know a guy who can sort these things so i'll let him take a look.

i hope its up to your standards James ;)

i'm going to get a custom front exit manifold and then try and get the power to the back wheels as well as the front, possibly use something from a Pulsar.

might put a very small turbo on there so I don't have to uprate the internals... i haven't decided yet.

Back