What do I need to connect these speakers to the front door panel?

Hi everyone, I have a Micra K11 at the moment, and I'm trying to replace the front door panel speakers. I have got as far as taking out the old speakers.

Here is a pic showing my current status, as well as what it looks like once the panel is taken off incase anyone is wondering where the spring clips are:
imag0003a.png

Now here is the cable coming from the door panel with this brown connector at the end:
imag0005an.jpg

And here are my new speakers and the cables coming from it:
imag0006an.jpg

Can anyone tell me how and what I need to connect the two together please? And if anyone has some questions about removing the door panel still, I'll be happy to answer them as there's a lack of diagrams and pictures around the internet!

Oh and my new speakers came with a black plastic bracket thing, and the grills. However, since the original grill is part of the panel itself, I can't remove it! I'm going to have to screw the new speakers in using the original screws, and carry on using the original grills. What a shame :( But as long as the new speakers fit all fine, I'm happy.
imag0077a.jpg

Regards

Thanks for the replies. Seems like I will cut off that ugly brown connector, and attach some crimp connectors on there before attaching it directly to my new speakers.

joshbl

Site Supporter
What's the biggest speakers you can fit in those doors? Cos I've currently got 5, 1/4" in some ply wood brackets I made. Isn't it 7, 1/2" or something like that?

Its 6, 1/2" or 16.5cm sometimes 17cm, but check the depth with windows down. You might need to space them out.

edit: you can also use google to find this info :D

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Most front doors tend to be 6 1/2" but like McKenzie said, mounting depth is the one to watch out for.

Cheers for the first pic mate. Helped me out big time!! In total took an hour and half to put head-unit in and infinity 6532si in front doors thanks to your pic!!

Thanks. I made that pic cos I had a hard time getting it off first time as no-one told me there were spring clips, so I wanted to help others too. Glad to hear it helped at least one person!

Yeah massively helped matey! The biggest problem was working out how to secure the head-unit in. Took the tape deck out to find a massive hole, nowhere to bend the tabs onto if you understand? Just ended up taking the brackets off the tape deck and screwing onto the new one :) nice and snug. Good luck to anybody tryin to pinch the stereo now its screwed in lol!

I had the same problem too. The bracket provided with my Pioneer head unit had no way to fit in that massive hole, so I just screwed the head unit onto the old stock bracket. Getting it screwed in was the tricky bit for me because I had to get some washers as the screw holes on the bracket were bigger than on the head unit.