It's finally the time to put my micra back together..

If you want to skip to my actual problem, read the bold text :)

But there's already some problems.. So one of the injectors seems to be dead but finding a new one is pretty frustrating. I won't buy it brand new, would make sense if my micra would be in a good condition & clean, but it has seen some life.. Anyways I've called thru sooo many of the scrap yards here in Finland.. No luck so far. Basically when they get a micra, the injectors are gone instantly. Checked some private sellers aswell, injectors always gone. But let's put that to side for a second and focus on my another problem. So I removed the fuel rail yesterday, sprayed with some air (for some reason) and today I put it all back together. (Bought a new air filter too, the one it had was pretty much black) Like an ass I am, I didn't think about marking the tubes/hoses/pipes whatever you want to call them, and kinda forgot what is for what. Might have gotten the ones going to the fuel rail mixed, could anyone tell me which way they were, one had some red in it, you know what I'm talking about I'm sure. So after putting it all back together I tried to start it, that's when weird things happened. everything electric works fine until I actually turn the key all the way to start it. When I do that, my battery dies (everything, including the little digital clock turns off) and after a short while the power comes back. Sometimes it came back by tapping the red wire going to the battery.. I don't think it could be a problem with the attached wire on the battery because it only does it when trying to crank the engine. IMPORTANT EDIT: It cranked just fine YESTERDAY so obviously i've done something bad but not sure what!

I'm PRETTY sure I have all the stuff connected correctly but there's still a good chance it's not. There was one hose that I couldn't find a place for, a semi thick one that looks like J basically.

Like usual, sorry for this wall of text, any help is greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
Niko C
Not right now, I can get one tho, what should I be looking for, don't have much knowledge of what I should see if everythings ok or if its not?

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Stick multimeter into V DC mode and put prongs on the battery terminals. 12.7v is a good battery, 12.6v is an ok battery and 12.5 or less is a battery on its last legs.

OP
OP
Niko C
Stick multimeter into V DC mode and put prongs on the battery terminals. 12.7v is a good battery, 12.6v is an ok battery and 12.5 or less is a battery on its last legs.
Thanks, that helps a ton. I'll test first thing tomorrow when I get the multimeter. You think it could be the battery on it's last legs when the lights and such work but when cranking it it dies?

frank

Club Member
the lights would dim as you crank the engine if the battery was low niko, and that pipe sounds like the g/box breather :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
If its almost dead low lights will go off and wont start, but if battery is warm can sometimes muster enough life to start a car. Could be a bad earth of course...

OP
OP
Niko C
If its almost dead low lights will go off and wont start, but if battery is warm can sometimes muster enough life to start a car. Could be a bad earth of course...

Don't think it's a bad earth since I tried to start it yesterday and it cranked the engine like it was brand new ":D"

Should I try to crank it with the help of another car?

OP
OP
Niko C
Update. I bought the multimeter. It shows 12.2-12.3 volts so I guess I need a new battery? But it also STARTED ! It did it for a while, I'm not sure what I did but it suddenly started cranking and started in 3 seconds like it was new.. But still running on 3 cylinders of course. So now I'm on a hunt for a new injector and it's frikkin killing me. No1 seems to have the injectors, no one. Buying a new one for 70 to 150 euros (what i've found so far, but none were in Finland anyways) is kinda not what I would like to do.. I guess I need to try even harder to find one. I might give my local certified nissan tech a call and see what they offer anyways since it's pretty frustrating not finding one..

EDIT: WHAT INJECTORS CAN I USE, PRECISELY? EITHER I WAS BLIND OR JUST STUPID, BUT I ONLY SAW "4" MARK ON MY INJECTOR I TOOK OUT? WHAT YEARMODEL AND ENGINE MICRAS ARE SUITABLE ? THANKS. (IN CAPS BECAUSE PANIC BECAUSE NOT FINDING ONE)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Niko C
or ones from -98 1.4

EDIT: just found out there's a fuel rail from 1.0l 1995 micra for sale IN MY AREA. So if it's a dizzy (can it even be coil?) it fits?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Niko C
post 2000 is coilpack mate, they changed to topfeed
So I should be good to go then I guess. I'll buy it first thing tomorrow if they still have it.. They had it 2 days ago but I was unsure if it would fit since it is 1.0 liter but.. This is awesome news. I have a yearly inspection this weekend (atleast aiming for this weekend..) and I got atleast 2 more problems: my left headlight only has a park light (right term?), might be an easy job, might turn out to be a nightmare because I'm not that good with electric stuff either. Also my exhaust pipe has snapped from the end, by that I mean it's completely snapped.

(I'm pretty sure I won't pass on 1st try tho, there has to be something else wrong with the car, the way I've raped it...)

OP
OP
Niko C
OP
OP
Niko C
Success! Me and couple of my mates just had 2 looooong days working on the car and there's a **** ton we got done.. Fixed the snapped exhaust, got the headlights working perfectly, welded some donor skin to the worst part of the cars bottom :p AND the best part.. The injector swap fixed the running on 3 problem, but now I have another (and atm only) problem: he runs at pretty high RPM's idling, I'd say he runs at 1-1,5k I think? I don't think it'll pass the inspection running that high. I can shoot a quick video of him running so u can hear how he runs since I'm not sure how high it actually is and I also can't even remember how he ran before the injector swap. But anyways, what might cause the high idle rpm's?

OP
OP
Niko C
its gonna idle higher now its running on 4 tho niko, have you tried the idle screw ?

Dunno where it's at Frank, don't remember it idling that high when it worked on all 4 before the injector died, but that's so long ago I can't recall what he sounded like at the time. The idle screw would be a good place to start, where might I find it?

OP
OP
Niko C
So just a bit of update (like anyone actually cares :)) So I went in for the yearly inspection thinking i'd receive 10 pages of things I need to fix/change before I can get it to pass but for some unknown reason I actually only didn't pass because of 2 little rust spots (both easy reach & fix) and burnt out register plate light & my exhaust is leaking juuust a tiny bit, already got the CRC stuff to fix the tiny hole. I really believed I'd need to scrap it because it would have too much problems and it wouldn't be worth it to fix.. Even my brakes were in a top notch condition. There is 0% difference (or as I believe brits call it "imbalance"?) on the back brakes, 6% on the front. Shocks were like new too. After all the raping I've done, there's nothing broken. I just love micras even more now.

(I do need to address my micra is making some weird noises I don't recall it making before, but the inspection guy didn't say a thing about them and they don't sound like anythings wrong really)