what is this.....

CMF_Bizardo

» CMF Member
hello, i'm wondering what that thing on this picture is, the black round thing in the upper left corner with the white label with the yellow dot in it. and what does it do ?
sorry for my stupid question, don't know anything about engines

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
That's the Brake booster or correclty know as Vacumm Servo Unit > They are part of the braking system and are connected to the intake manifold via rubber hose and provide a large amount of assistance so you don't need to press the brake pedal hardly as much to pull up, They cost a hellofallot ($747AUD) cause i just found that mine needs replacing (hisses like a snake when you depress the pedal, no firmness there either) and the SuperS uses a larger and different model to to the LX and SLX, but i'm told you can get them rebuilt for around $250AUD,

Cherio,

Alex

CMF_Bizardo

» CMF Member
okay, thanks then i know that.but i need some more info. i'm going to connect a "T" connector to a vacuum hose , is this the right rubber hose? or i'm i wrong, does this give me more vacuum at higher rpm? i must connect the t-connector to a vacuum hose, that gives me more pressure at higher RPM, need to find the right one.

i need to know this because my friend just installed a turbo on his mazda, and he got some spare money and bought me a fake turbo , a sunami turbo noise emulator, www.sunamiturbo.com.
he said, use this till you get enought money for a real turbo.

it's says this in my manual:

"Locate the vacuum line, which is connected to the air intake manifold of the engine. This is a 1/4'” black hose with vacuum pressure inside it. If you are not sure which hose it is, pull out one end of the assumed hose from its original connection and feel for vacuum pressure. Once you find the hose with the vacuum pressure, cut it where it is not very noticeable and install the supplied “T” connector. The third nozzle will then connect to the vacuum pressure switch with the supplied ¼” vacuum hose. Use one of the supplied Zip-ties to secure the vacuum pressure switch to a near by hose or secure object."

so when i find the right hose to connect this to, then my micra is going to say " wrooom .... Psssssssst"
hahahahah

Think i will go for a real turbo next year

CMF_Bizardo

» CMF Member
hahahaha
well i know that i should not connect this to my micra, since my micra should only get the real thing, but i just want to test this, since i got it for free. so where is that hose i need to connect this thing to?

CMF_Bizardo

» CMF Member
could be that. but i can't connect this to the hose that goes to the brake booster? right? becase that hose is going inn somewhere under the black air filter box. sorry but i hvae now clue, Engines is like hell for me, i don't know anything :p

Back