is this ebay harassment?

Robb

Site Supporter
Right so i finally sold my old gmax 40mm springs (off my previous primera gt) on ebay a month ago for a steal and now i have the buyer being a bellend frankly, its starting to become a nauze so does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should do? Ignore it now, lose one's rag or carry on being mr nice guy?

These are the messages so far, im starting to think ive been way too polite o_O buyer me

hello, today I took the my p11 and the springs I purchased to a chap on the nissan primera owners club and he looked at the springs bewildered and said they look like standard springs. I ensured him they were lowering springs and he fitted one for me and they were not. There was no difference in ride height at all.

Have you got the GMAX springs in a seperate box?
Hi ####, must say im rather troubled by this, i am pretty sure i sent you the gmax ones, they definately were'nt sold with the car as i was adament about it being sold standard, and ive never come into contact with any other p11 springs before.

Ok can you answer two questions for me:

Do the springs look 14 years old?

Which corner of the car did this chap try the set on?

Cheers

Hello, thank you for the quick reply. With regard to the age of the springs I could not say - they are in the samesort of condition as mine with worn writing on the coils. Apparently GMAX springs have their logos clearly on them?? He fitted it to the drivers front and it is still fitted now, I have driven 60miles on it so far and there is definantly no difference in ride height. I can take a picture in the morning if you would like??

Thank You Again
The gmax springs didnt have any logos on them and were black also so i can understand the confusion but i must insist i sent you the gmax springs. They just happen to look similar. Did this chap shorten your bumpstop?

I will happily look over pictures of them in the morning though.

Cheers

hello, I cant dispute any of that it was just ride height was no different. When you say shorten the bump stops what do you mean?
many Thanks

I have no idea if he's a fruitcake or not, but the easiest way is to sit both coils side by side unfitted and compare.

What I can say however is, the Gmax springs I have seen have all been red... :confused:

i have never heard of black lowering springs before. did you buy the car with lowering springs on, or did you buy them yourself? because it sounds like they were stock springs from the beginning

Be careful how you handle this, thou, or you'll end up listed here if he reports you. Not only you'll get banned from Ebay, but it can really make your life miserable.

A side by side comparison of the two is worth doing. Maybe the spring height is the same, they just compress more when fitted? Maybe the other guy already had lowering springs fitted? or maybe he's fitted the rears to the front or something like that. Who knows :)

I bought a decent set of lowering springs but the paint flaked off, they certainly didn't look new or after market but that just happens with use.

Back