Are high lift cams good for turbo setup?

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
I'm wondering what kind of cams are best suited for turbo setup?

I've seen lotsa NA cars running crazy cams... But not heard of high cams for turbo setup...

Any advise on this?

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
cams give longer lift thus more fuel and air within combustion camber with high compression you will gain decent power and torque. turbo on other side been forced induction and with low comp setup wont do much, but will give you a difference. though i'd be spending on better tb, injectors, lowering comp, new turbo. also check out White Knight(datrats cams, head work 12psi) vs Reverb (standard 10psi).

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"cams give longer lift thus more fuel and air within combustion camber with high compression you will gain decent power and torque. turbo on other side been forced induction and with low comp setup wont do much, but will give you a difference. though i'd be spending on better tb, injectors, lowering comp, new turbo. also check out White Knight(datrats cams, head work 12psi) vs Reverb (standard 10psi).

Of course cams will make a difference, bigger you go (na/turbo) further up the rev range your powerband will move. More lift is always better :)
depending on how much boost you are planning on running, you will need to dial out the overlap, too much overlap + boost = high back pressure @ your turbo (both in & exh valves open simultaneously - nowhere else for it to go)

What are you plans for the motor?

Other end of the scale, high boost (25/30++psi) + BIG cams, will work for a while..

Back