fuel injectors - turbo application

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Hey guys,

I've got a sr20de fuel rail cut down to cg13de length, which I'll be using in my micra build. I'm just wondering which injectors I should go for, I have no idea of how to calculate the fuel injector requirements for my specific needs.

Should I aim for something oem around 300cc? Or move up to some 550 Sard's injectors (which would fit right?)

Anyone in the know, help an idiot out :D

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
I googled and found this.

Nissan Side Feed Injectors

185 cc / 125 WHP - Pink GA16
259 cc / 175 WHP - Red SR20DE
333 cc / 226 WHP - Grey SR20VE
370 cc / 250 WHP - Purple SR20DET (Note these fade and may appear light mauve/grey)
444 cc / 300 WHP - Brick Brown SR20DET (JDM S15)

Nissan Top Feed Injectors

260cc / 175 WHP - Red CA18DE
370cc / 250 WHP - Cream CA18DET
350cc / 275 WHP - Green SR20VE 20V P12
444cc / 300 WHP - Yellow SR20DET (GTiR)
444cc / 300 WHP - Yellow SR20VET

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
I also have a custom SR20 fuel rail that has been shortened to suit CG13 with injectors and a second standard SR20 fuel rail with injectors for sale.
$300 the lot.

Also have R33 fuel pump $30
Brand new in box emanage blue $300

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Kovert, let me know how much you want for em :D They're not too overkill eh.

Doom, I'll get back to you in a 13 days (when I arrive home), I have a bad feeling that the rail I have is only a 1.5 rail with 1.5 injectors. If that's the case, I'll take your $300 deal or preferably just the modified rail?

Cheers guys.

Out of curiosity, would it cost $300 or less to have a custom rail produced at a workshop? I wouldn't mind a new shiny one.

Cheers guys.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
BUMP.

I have really been screwed around over the last few weeks, trying and trying to get my hands on a sr20 fuel rail to modify. As I've been a bit distracted; I have a couple things to say:

Frank2 - My bad on taking so long to give you the money for that cga3 CAS plate with plug; for some reason paypal is not letting me send GBP (british pounds) through to you. I will transfer you the 30 pounds through www.westernunion.com.

Doom - If those injectors are still up for sale, let me know. I assume since they are sards and not bosch they will go straight into an sr20 fuel however; I'm thinking it'll be worth my money to get a custom fuel rail made - or is it possibly a waste of money for wank factor?

Finally...
In the last three weeks I have tried to purchase a greddy e-manage blue from two people on the forums, one on ebay, and three people from gumtree.com.au and all of them fell through! How unlucky can one person be? The blue is for my N/A daily green machine (soon to be painted, I'll upload a lot of pics for it tomorrow, I'm halfway through prep) FYI.

I ended up purchasing a new one with ignition and injector harness for $400 from www.nengun.com - who coincidentally also have an auction service tied in much like importmonster.com.au.

Definitely worth a look :D

Pierce.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
the e-manage blue is for my daily N/A ****box, just for ****s n giggles and I'm interested in it. I find it strange that for all of Japan's tech, aftermarket ECUs are an area they lack development in.

The project micra was going to run the microtech LT-8 ecu, but after speaking to microtech I learned that I can't modify most of the ECU parameters with software; I'd have to send the ECU to them for modifications. Screw that.

So I bought a Haltech platinum 1000 for the project. I'll post the microtech ECU up for sale shortly.

Funny thing about the microtech - The company explained to me that they have never had a micra engine base map in their systems to work off of; they figure it must've been another small 4cyl (ford likely) car base map that was worked to be used on the cg13de. This really fu#$ed me off because I was told when I bought it, it was mapped for a cg13de w/ t25 turbo running 12psi using original dizzy.

Live and learn right...

I still have the email from you Kovert, explaining to me that I wouldn't get the figures I wanted from the microtech; if only someone had said why.

Back