what ECU / management for turbo micra?

CMF_KenSuperS

» CMF Member
heey guys,

i'm not sure on how to proceed with my turbo setup.
everything is complete and running, but i'm not happy about the apexi safc neo controlling my fueling...

what do you guys recommend to use as ecu / management?

any tips on use of timing setting / injectors / fuelpressure?

currently im running ga16 black injectors, installing a d2 FPR soon if needed.

thanx allot!!

greetings Ken

CMF_KenSuperS

» CMF Member
oh wow thats some serious difference!

so you would recommend a nistune board over a emanage, ems computer or something like that?

should the ga16 injectors with a decent fuel pressure be sufficient? or am i better of with going for a cga topfeed rails and some bigger injectors.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
emanage would probably be cheaper and easier to source eh ken, a pre-installed nistune is plug-n-play tho :) mine is still running on the basemap that Ed (fusion) installed 20 months ago.
and the GA16 injectors will limit how much boost you run

CMF_KenSuperS

» CMF Member
aah i see!
so a nistune board sounds very promissing.. i better try to get in contact with Ed then on how to go about it.

might i ask what you did with injectors and fuel pressure etc?

mine is set to 0.5 bar boost but because i have to overhaul the entire thing i really want to have it sorted properly this time.

thanx!!

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
mine has always run the SR20 grey topfeeds ken (there are v/w audi 300cc ones that are the same too) with the stock regulator and pump
the wiring/connectors fit on upside down ok :)

Attachments

• 88309.jpg
    88309.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 32

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
you can see from this dyno run that the stock fuelpump and pressure were giving a/f/r,s of less than 10:1 throughout, and a big column of black smoke from the exhaust, the a/f/r readings were bumping along the bottom of the graph !
(this was before the nistune was fitted)

Attachments

• 88310.jpg
    88310.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 36

CMF_KenSuperS

» CMF Member
thank you frank, very comforting to know what is working good in your case.

so i am probably best of looking for a cga3 inlet manifold and rails (rails doesnt fit the cg13 manifold right?) and some sr20 injectors.

might be some noob questions for someone that allready turbo'd his micra but i really don't want to mess up another engine hahah

wanted list: cg manifold, topfeed rails, sr20 topfeed injectors, nistune board (4?)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
KenSuperS WROTE:

"thank you frank, very comforting to know what is working good in your case.

so i am probably best of looking for a cga3 inlet manifold and rails (rails doesnt fit the cg13 manifold right?) and some sr20 injectors.

might be some noob questions for someone that allready turbo'd his micra but i really don't want to mess up another engine hahah

wanted list: cg manifold, topfeed rails, sr20 topfeed injectors, nistune board (4?)

the rail fits ok mate, you need some collars on the bottom of the injectors on the pre-coilpack mani tho (i used some bits of tube from the sunroof drainpipes)
the rail hits the idle control valve tho, my i/c/v was binned long ago,
and yes mine was a type 4 iirc

Attachments

• 88315.jpg
    88315.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 37

CMF_Thieme

» CMF Member
He thinks there is noone with enough knowledge on the Dutch forums :p :p
JK I ussually bother Frank to when i don't know something :D

CMF_KenSuperS

» CMF Member
hello guys,

it seems that the european SR20 has sidefeed injectors and only the SR20det uses topfeed.

does anyone has a nice (custom) fuelrail with big injectors for me to buy/use?
or a different idea on what i could use best?

i've got message from skye-engineering in holland that they can supply nistune type4 boards and with building in and mapping on dyno would cost about 700euro's. very nicely priced i believe!!

Back