What Air Flow meter to use for Turbo project??

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking what kinda Air Flow Meter you guys used for ur turbo setup??

Is SR20 or Q45 MAF sensor a good choice? No not, what else can be used?

I'm running on Emanage Blue ecu. Probably considering an upgrade if it doesn't work...

Pls advise ;)

Regards,

Keith

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"Mass air sensor/ air flow meter what's the difference... Thought they are the same..

A MAF (Mass Air Flow) or AFM (Air Flow Meter) both measure the mass/volume of the air in the intake. We're talking about <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAP_sensor">MAP</a> vs <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_flow_meter">AFM</a>. The difference being that the MAP sensor calculates the air density from the manifold pressure and is what most people will use when running a standalone ECU in their project. People especially tend to do this with their K11's due to the issues people experience generally with the AFM.

---dens

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
What dens said. Nissan afm are renown fir being unreliable I went through three with my skyline before putting the microtech in and pissing it off. Mass air flow versus manifold absolute pressure. Map is also easier to tune apparently though not sure why

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
I am on my 4th throttle body man... its draining and frustrating. whats the best way about fixing it. i have a SR20 with adaptor plate but how do i go about the throttle swith motor and AFM??
ITS DOING MY HEAD IN!!!

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
mine,s been running a GA16 t/b for years, notoriously reliable :)
you would probably have to cut an idle control valve off and pipe it in remotely mycra

Attachments

• 62564.jpg
    62564.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 40

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
I have a SR20 Throttle body with adaptor ready to be installed into my car.

Would need to know what MAF sensor would be suitable to use for Emanage-Blue application?

Or is it better to ditch the emanage and go for "Link Engine Management" standalone instead??

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Radiolite22 WROTE:

"Hi Franks,

Do you have a clearer view of how the AAC is setup? I mean how is it linked up...

its just a variable airleak into the manifold keith (controlled by the ecu) like if you pull a vacuum pipe off and the revs pickup
i cut mine off a CG t/b and rammed a pipe into the ports, then piped the inlet side of the i/c/v to a manifold breather/vacuum fitting

Back