what balance mods

ad4m1

Ex. Club Member
hello

ill hopefully be getting the micra soon :) i was wondering if any of you had any advice on suspension mods ??? it has upgraded shocks already. i want to get some lowering springs but soft ones keep a nice ride quality just lower 30 mm to get c,o,g down what else is there??

thanks for any help

ps any one for any site that have mods for the k10 please send me link :)

ad4m1

you could put some negative camber on the front to lose the understeer
i slotted the top knucle bolt hole on mine or you can get offset bolts i think

ad4m1

if you take the top knuckle/strut bolt out and slacken the lower one, then put a socket and extention on the d/shaft nut and lift it up while the drill the is spinning in the top hole, it will slot the top hole in the strut brackets ( 1 or 2mm is enough )
mine never slipped but star washers would be advisable or you could weld some washers on after setting the angle you want

sounds cool i thin some white line springs too but im not sure i want it much stiffer i had enough of unconfitable rides :) hahah what about the camber bolts you can get would that do it straight away?? as for stopping brembo disc's and mintex 1144 pad i think. as for strutbrace are they worth it i have a spare lower mount from a pug i could re weld but is it worth it??

any one had any experance with lowering springs ??

I fitted lowering springs, but that wont improve handling on it's own. Decent shocks, and tyres will make an added difference, and a strut brace too.

hey
as for tyres i have a perfect wet tyre and dry tyre acording to slip angles set up for it :) its got upgraded shocks all around but i was wondering on springs as i want it to sit a lil lower reducing the cog of the car but i dont want it to stiff im fed up with unconfitable rides ahhaha

i bin told strut braces add more weight then atchally help the handling as theres only about mm of movment but thats on top mount very common for underbody struts to do alot more.

what springs would people recomend on an every day car ?? prob 30mm drop will be enough :)

so whiteline camber bolts to push it out 1.5mm in front set up the alinment once its adjusted and some nice tyres would be enough?? with some nice spings.

later on some upgraded brakes egr and cats taken out any other mods that are worth doing ?? whats the rev limit of the super s would it be worth lightening the flywheel to get quicker torqu :)

adz sorry for essay

I'd say the strut brace does improve things, as i own one. They don't weigh hardly anything either. A good choice of spring is Spax, they're -35mm drop and quite firm.

hey

i was lookig at whiteline as i have had some good experance with them. but there a lil too stiff as its still gunna be an every day car. so i dont end up spending £130 on fuel like i do with the 323. or koni there supost to be good but a lil more expensive.

would strutbrace really make that much diffrence to the k 10 running a light engine underbody one should but the chassis on the upper part isnt supost to do to much and there hard to get :( might not be worth the cash.

is there any other mods i can do to make the most of the car ?? hopefully will be tuning the ecc at collage too.

Back