Suspension Mods

Ok fitted the 15" Ameria wheels ... cool .. now its like a 4x4 lol

Seriously ... pleased with the wheels and no issues BUT the body roll .... got to improve it cos its hard to know exactly where your going to exit a corner presently..... lol

So I am not looking to spend silly money ... big surprise !

What is the best and cheapest way to reduce the body roll and get at least some feedback on where the cars heading apart from staring like a rabbit in headlights at the next hedge ?

I have trawelled through all the past threads but theres no full answer .....

I also dont want to make it too low .... yeah i know ... old fart !

Its a 95 1.3 SLX with what appears to be original suspension ... ie shocks that look like sticks .. original bushes springs etc .. all worn to a degree so i am not looking for perfection !

I saw some mention that pre 96 cars may not have some of the 96 on components and thats why they dont handle as well .....

Any ideas ...

Or anywhere local in Somerset that does a set up for non STUPID money ???? ......given the cars a shed and worth about £300 !

I do have an angle grinder :eek:

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Glad you like the wheels :)

You could try updated shocks or lowering springs. Combination of the 2 would be best.

Has the 95 micra got front and rear anti roll bars?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
You can grab 40mm springs for £80 or so nowadays, if you wanted to spend a little more you could get 60mm ones for £160. I use the 60s and they're superb, albeit quite pricey for lowering springs.

You could always go with 40mm springs and cut them down a little too, quite common practice on here.

I ran cut springs on my 1.0L and it was VERY uncomfortable but it handled really nicely. Wasn't too bumpy or anything, and it didn't cost anything.

OP
OP
T
I am guessing that the main problem is that the OE springs are very flexible hence all the roll .... ... and add to that they are 17 years old .... where would i get 40mm springs from ... can you pick up springs from other cars that are 40mm that fit and finally are they a biach to fit ?
Apprciate the comments and also happy with wheels ... they have just highlighted what a crap suspension i have got used to lol

my advice is bushes. im running on cut springs on the almera rims. got bushes for front wishbones, drop links (dead important these!) and ARB mount bushes. the car handles so much better, more precise and feels stiffer as well.

look for strongflex. they're a Polish company but v. good service and good english as well!