What to get

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Hi,

Im planning on doing some mods to my 97 SR in the next few months or so. Im after the basics, exhaust, induction, suspension etc, to start the car off.

I have been looking at the Janspeed system for the car. I can get the manifold and backbox or the choice of a cat bypass pipe (on the Janspeed site - it says this can also be a free-flowing cat) or a cat back system. What I am wanting to know is what set-up would be the best to get the most performance from the car. I know the car is running two CATS and would need at least one of these to pass the MOT, so how easy is it to remove the bypass pipe and install the CAT again?

Im also looking into gettin an induction kit and shocks and springs to lower the car. Would the K & N kit be best and what would be the best way to mount it close to the front of the engine bay? Finally, what shocks and springs would be best and how low can the car be dropped with these?

Thanks
Chris

Alright Scottish_Sr? Take it your from Scotland, if so where from?

Anyway, K&N is prob best induction for the K11, and jst mounted on the TB is best place, with lots of air getting to it.

As for springs & shocks, KYB Shocks are good, and i think G-max make good springs also.

Hope this helps!

Titch :kungfu:

Yeah - Im from Scotland, Lanark to be precise, its around 25 miles south of Glasgow. Thanks for the info there, any ideas on prices for the shocks and springs?

K&N's quite good, so yeah go for that.

for the exhaust option go for the full janspeed system, manifold, de-cat and cat back. with this and the K&N you'll see about 100bhp.

but, in order to pass the mot you'll need the standard manifold on (it has the first cat). you can remove the second no prob as long as the first is there. nissan actually removed it after 2000.

:)

Thanks for that info. How easy is it to install the standard manifold for the MOT then? I totalled up on a site the price of the manifold, cat bypass, cat back system and backbox and it was nearly £600 - is that right?

I believe, demon tweeks will allow a 10% discount on this (if they stock them - not 100%) if your a official member of the msc. (will double check this)

Just a thought if you planning on buy alot of bits :)

Membership is as little as £10 and Demon Tweeks will give you a discount off all Janspeed products.

Mike

i was interested in the same exhaust system as you and "micra_pete" quoted me 450ish. but try gettin in contact n he'll see you rite. (i hope)

i stay in glasgow nice to have another scottish member:)

Back