K11 Insurance: How old? What mods? How much? Who with?

Not as much as I hate the fact I end up spending all weekend working on it instead of my car :rolleyes: especially when it comes to the DIY style wiring..

I say it's GT6, the rear is a spitfire and the front is a one piece LeMans style GT6 bonnet (the kind that makes up the entire front of the car) and opens up from two catches on the side. Its also a convertible and has a 2.5L Vitesse engine. Not really sure what is it tbh :p

Sorry for thread hijacking
I owned a spitfire, saving for another or a GT6 as we speak. Tis either a Gitfire or a Spitfire 6. Engine is from a 2500 or a tr6 though, vitesse only came in 1600 or 2000. Also sorry for thread hijack.
My renewal in december will be:
£798 for the year
1 years ncb
24 years old
1.6 engine
unlimited mods that don't increase hp
3rd party cover on any insured car
10k a year mileage limit
SDP + commuting

It all does make sense. As much as it's robbery this pain in the arse that, it all comes down to statistics, and those are that 20% of all road traffic accidents are caused by people under 20 (or thereabouts)
We're not MSC members who treat our cars with respect, we're people in the highest risk group. It's surprising we're still allowed to learn to drive at 17.

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

You wont be able to if the government get their way.
You will still be able to learn at 17, you just can't take the test till you're 18 - that's how I interpreted it anyway..

Diamond
Age 18
First year
1.3 Nissan micra GX 1999 reg
No mods
£718

Crashed it slightly......
Then £30 to move that insurance to Mildred

Today
Diamond
Age 19
No mods just paint and fluffy bits
1.3 Nissan micra LX 1994
No no claims bonus
£1050

X

Exactly pal. I'd rather not get my first year of insurance cancelled which will completely do me over.

But there's also 'first car syndrome' where you'll treat it like a child and really look after it.
Exactly you'd just be ruining it for yourself if that happened

If course we all get first car syndrome.... I still get it... I just say its my first car I've bought on this date :D
By all means have fun modifying and enjoying the car. I had a cardboard body kit.. a plywood bonnet scoop and a m3 spoiler gaffa taped on with a million LEDs. It was hilarious. Rang my insurance up all the same and they didn't increase my price at all.
Goes to show some companies let you have a laugh

Did another quote yesterday with confused.com which turned out to be the cheapest at 1700 a year for me, but is not worth paying the extra fee to change it from 1800, maybe worth a try if anyone's looking for cheaper insurance aswell.

I started driving at 17, here's a breakdown:
17 yrs old, Ford Fiesta 1.3, first 6 months (provisional licence) £1200, then when I passed another £1500. Forgot the company
Second year, same company same car, £2000, then got a 1.6 fiesta sport and they wanted £50 more
Third year, ended up with a fiesta 1.25 paid £2000, direct line
Fourth Year, same car around £1500 (got 3 years NCB at this point)
I'm on my Fith year, Micra 1.3, 4 years NCB, moved into my own house, was quoted £700 by Direct line for my parents house. Declared I'd moved 2 miles up the road, quoted £1100. Got it down to £950 after battling them with other companies. nobody could beat direct line's quote of £950.

^ Your getting ripped off, or you've got points, a habit of writing cars off

950 is only a few hundred less than me!! that's nuts!

Renewal through today

£130 deposit. 11x £47 monthly payments.

Unable to pay in full this year and it's a 12 month policy, not 10.

Although my last policy was cheaper, that was in FULL for 10months only.

Not bad :)

I've also declared MORE mods :)

I'm 21, 2 years ncb, mods declared, 517 quid with admiral. Last year was only 7 quid more and I was a year younger with only 1 year ncb.

I'm 21, 2 years ncb, mods declared, 517 quid with admiral. Last year was only 7 quid more and I was a year younger with only 1 year ncb.

Seems about right (Y)

My policy went up this year with Admiral so decided to go elsewhere. Even though I can pay in full, I'd rather do DirectDebit to help get some credit rate going..

Right, so started in Feb when I was 17 still, got a 6 month accelerator for something like £800 with Endsleigh. Got 1 year ncb for my birthday from them! :p, then had another chat with them, managed to get the same thing but for around £600 this time! So when i get to Jan/Feb next year I'll have 2 years ncb:D I figured that £1400 was a hella lot better than some the £2000+ quotes I was getting from other companieso_O just got to start saving up for next year now...

Renewed mine today

How old? 42
Model? 1.0 LX 1999
What mods? Lowered
Price? £165 Annual paid in full
Company? Admiral
No Claims 12+
Postcode: BN15

Niiiiicccccce

How old? 19 (20 in dec)
Model? 1.0 W reg (2000)
What mods? Lowered, alloys, exhaust, mani, fog lights.. (A few more I can't remember, I'll double check soon)
Price? £746 Annual paid in full
Company? Elephant
No Claims: 1
Postcode: So32

LEEEEEAVVVEEE ITTTTT YEAHH!!!

Renewed mine today

How old? 42
Model? 1.0 LX 1999
What mods? Lowered
Price? £165 Annual paid in full
Company? Admiral
No Claims 12+
Postcode: BN15

Niiiiicccccce
Even that seems high :O
No where near as high as mine obviously but you know ..

Hello every one.

Year got full license: July 2012
Model: 1.3 GX 98
Modifications: None
NBC: 2 years
Cover type: Third part, fire & theft
Cover Price : £71.92 monthly DD,
Postcode: M22
Company: Quin-Direct (now liberty insurance)

regards

*cue hate mail*
Insurance renewal today.
Age 21,
2 years ncb.
Model: 1.4 polo 5 door
Mods: lowered
Area: hp13
Price: 510 quid paid in full.
Company: Replacing the micra on admiral policy.

Back