Turbo conversion questions- MAF, Mapping, Bov

DEdgeMac

Buy & Sell Member
Alright lads/lasses

I'm going to be putting my HKS turbo kit together soon for my Cube but with it being my daily I want everything ready to go straight in so not gonna leave any stone unturned so I thought I'd ask a few boring questions.

I'm going to be using a Walbro, HKS manifold, HKS piping, SARD intake, FMIC, 370cc's, T25, 2" downpipe and decat and either Emanage or Nistune anything else Micra specific that I'll need to upgrade that I haven't thought about?

Now I've owned a fair few cars with MAF units but never in this position mounted to the TB- is it beneficial to move the MAF to the Air filter before turbo as a blow through setup or better to keep it where it is? Also is it worth upgrading to a SX one or is stock one good enough- power aims are only around 150bhp for the foreseeable future tbh.

With it being MAF what bovs do you all run? If you're not running recirculated valves- does it effect driveability with the MAF being in this location, I know it usually does when its placed after air filter and therefore before Dump valve due to unaccountable air loss but I'm assuming you can use a dump valve and vent to atmosphere since the BOV will be before MAF and therefore won't mess up air flow readings?

Whats the general opinion regarding mapping- Emanage blue or Nistune? I was originally going to go with Nistune but since I've already got a Greddy one it makes sense to use it-

Cheers

frank

Club Member
here,s me maxing the stock maf at sub 130hp , and i ran a pre turbo maf originally, but it registered airflow on liftoff and caused the engine to stall

frank

Club Member
no i only ever ran the stock t/b mate, and maf pre turbo for only a short time

Attachments

• 73671.jpg
    73671.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 188
OP
OP
D

DEdgeMac

Buy & Sell Member
Cool, so it's better to keep them in stock location then?
If so what power are the stock mafs good for and being in stock location I'm assuming a dump valve is sound to use rather than recirculating it mate?