What a bizarre day....

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
This morning when I was at work, at 10am a tremedous thud and vibrations ricocheted through our office.
Someone thought it was a bird, but when everyone flocked to the window, this sight befell us:

IMG006.jpg

Yup. Some muppet mechanic had forgot to put the handbrake on for this bus, and it had rolled back over a busy road straight into the side of our office....

oopsbus.jpg

(pictures from 2 different phones)

Then, me being a fire warden, ended up keeping people away from the affected side inside, and then later helping little doddery old ladies cross the road away from all the chaos.

It was funny -and a bit bizarre - at the time, but looking back it was miraculous no-one got crushed behind it, and that it didn't crash into a car. And one side of our building is rather dangerous now as it hit a supporting wall :doh: It's all over the local news at the moment.

Plus, I ended up coming home early because of it so not all bad :laugh:

Just a little bit! :doh:
Apparently the company was 'looking into what caused it'. SImple. he left the handbrake off - no further investigation needed lol

Ive left the handbrake off in the work van once.. went back to it, positioned in the middle of the street some 20 mins later..

I dont know how long it was sat in the middle of the street.. but with cars just making their way around it.. no one seemed to care.. lol

Wont do that again..

i left my hand brake off at work on my last day, and the rest of the staff pused it into the middle of a 2ft deep puddle and wrap it in cling film.......oh how i laughed...GRRR

i left my hand brake off at work on my last day, and the rest of the staff pused it into the middle of a 2ft deep puddle and wrap it in cling film.......oh how i laughed...GRRR

lmao if that ever happened to me the water would be up to me waist lol

Back