went thru water- Fiji Islands

dear all, K11 1994 MT, had heavy rain here in Pacific island , went thru a big puddle of water , water came through the door seals and also from floor...(now i know floor is bad also) carpet is all wet , wn goin thru it i put it on 1st gear and managed to get out of it.this morning while driving to work, car stalled but picked up and eng check light came on......my car runs on direct fan and usually temp is at minimum mark but today it was at midway...could it be debris stuck in Radiator? i cleaned most of it out thou....am a big fan of this car and hope to keep it going..currently have taken - batt terminal of to reset ecu....any tips will be helpul....bula all way from Fiji Island

If water came through the doors then check the ECU behind the centre console. It may have got a bit damp. You could always unplug it and make sure the connection are dry.

HI SMITH, did all that, now the temp climbs to halfway and stays there within 10 mins of drive, befre it would take hours to or never did left the bottom mark as fan is direct and no thermostat....it gives bit of white smoke and when temp reaches halfway the idle goes wild....also found traces ofwater in air filter-changed....can see oil has water mixture...mech said he have to rip the head and take for pressure test and replce head gasket....i am worried his wrong,,,what if water went thru air filter and is causing this...any ideas....ps very soaky here....all are running around with Prius now

HI SMITH, did all that, now the temp climbs to halfway and stays there within 10 mins of drive, befre it would take hours to or never did left the bottom mark as fan is direct and no thermostat....it gives bit of white smoke and when temp reaches halfway the idle goes wild....also found traces ofwater in air filter-changed....can see oil has water mixture...mech said he have to rip the head and take for pressure test and replce head gasket....i am worried his wrong,,,what if water went thru air filter and is causing this...any ideas....ps very soaky here....all are running around with Prius now
You can test your headgasket without removing the head. Get yourself a pressure tester that goes into the plug hole, that's an indicator.
Or a paper tester kit, that will tell you if the head is leaking water into the oil.
Then you'll know.

already tested..head seems ok.....what am getting is therm removed,fan direct but temp climbs to 1/2 way withing mins and stay there...if i drive too long and stop, engine wnt start till , i suspect coolant sensor or tem sensor...help...mechanics here are just not up to par with this vechile..... :(

Back