Water in boot electrics went crazy

So ongoing issue electrics went crazy locked me out, hazards on when engine off 3 mechanics later writing off bcm I found thread and found water in boot like river, I disconnected multi connector now hazards etc not on, wondering what this actually effects ? as if connects hazards stay on etc. Is it anything to do with car roof mechanism ? had disconnect battery then reconnect and noticed things like radio needing codes etc .

Any advice please as wondering what I've done leaving or disconnected, it was wet btw on connection in boot. Nissan micra cc 2006

Thx :)

Optimal minimal cost solution would be to dry out the boot/rear lights electrics, find & fix the boot/lights/hatchback door/roof gutter rain leaks.

Do not let mechanics erroneously interfere with the BCM at the front of the vehicle before the rain leaks & rear electrics are dried out & reconnected in order to rationally determine what is then working or not?

DIY bathroom clear silicone sealant works well for sealing car body rainwater leaks, is cheap & easy to use if you are practical & handy.

As always do your own research as persistence is key as follows to begin with. :)

Another leaky micra | Micra Sports Club

Nissan Micra (2005) leak in boot & damp rear seat - Google Search

Optimal minimal cost solution would be to dry out the boot/rear lights electrics, find & fix the boot/lights/hatchback door/roof gutter rain leaks.

Do not let mechanics erroneously interfere with the BCM at the front of the vehicle before the rain leaks & rear electrics are dried out & reconnected in order to rationally determine what is then working or not?

DIY bathroom clear silicone sealant works well for sealing car body rainwater leaks, is cheap & easy to use if you are practical & handy.

As always do your own research as persistence is key as follows to begin with. :)

Another leaky micra | Micra Sports Club

Nissan Micra (2005) leak in boot & damp rear seat - Google Search
Hi thanks for replying, yes had a electrics guy charge me £85 replace ignition switch which rac told him was issue, was only stumbling on a thread that I thought check boot and disconnect connector, haven't been able drive it for 2 mth think u went through a flood and water got in, or needs resealing etc as heavy rain.

Il dry it out I did get hairdryer on boot but connected abd hazards still on what's the best way?.

Also tried the roof lights came on whir noise but nothing could this b result of wet boot/disconnecting connector?. I did notice parcel shelf wasn't pulled out so wasn't sure if that now scared try again in case gets stuck open or won't close lol.

Assuming multi connector is just for alarm etc but have noticed since had disconnect battery things like code for stereo etc again wondering if any effect for roof if needs resetting etc.

Thx for advice :)

Quote: “Ps yeah guy ripped all front old told me bad bcm and wouldn't be fixable/replaceable”

I rather suspect that the mechanic/electrical guy has already rendered your vehicle as scrap & parts?

They can maximise profits & commission bonus by selling you another vehicle for loads more money & allowing you a trade in pittance for your existing vehicle that they will quickly reassemble repair & sell on for a double profit tickle at your expense.

Perhaps its better to avoid such rip off merchants in future & use customer reviews recommended workshops only? :eek:

Last edited:
Hi thanks for replying, yes had a electrics guy charge me £85 replace ignition switch which rac told him was issue, was only stumbling on a thread that I thought check boot and disconnect connector, haven't been able drive it for 2 mth think u went through a flood and water got in, or needs resealing etc as heavy rain.

Il dry it out I did get hairdryer on boot but connected abd hazards still on what's the best way?.

Also tried the roof lights came on whir noise but nothing could this b result of wet boot/disconnecting connector?. I did notice parcel shelf wasn't pulled out so wasn't sure if that now scared try again in case gets stuck open or won't close lol.

Assuming multi connector is just for alarm etc but have noticed since had disconnect battery things like code for stereo etc again wondering if any effect for roof if needs resetting etc.

Thx for advice :)
I recently bought a CC with the same issue. The previous owner had brought it to a garage who tried to fix the problem by disconnecting the hazard light switch :rolleyes:. He told me he had fitted a battery isolation switch under the dash so the hazards could be turned off once engine switched off again...:rolleyes: this meant the car couldn't be locked etc. Anyway to cut a long story short when cleaning it i found 3 inches of water in the boot with the alarm wiring dangling in it. Dried out the wiring/connectors but left disconnected and it's running perfect.

Back