Water leaking into car

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Hi all. I just finished removing over 4L of water from my car. Most of it was in the spare tyre wheel well and I have now fixed the problem as I knew how it was getting in but the leaking into the passenger side has me stumped. It can only be getting in via the two vents (See photo) and im guessing its then getting in via the air con vents but how do I find and fix the problem? I hope somone here has fixed the same problem or has a workshop book to tell me where the vents go.

Attachments

• 34491.jpg
    34491.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 40

smidge

» CMF Member
i took the dash out to get to mine (not as scary as you'd think!) but start by taking the stereo and heater bits out of the way and possibly glove box, thats about as much access as you'll get

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Yeah fun. I had a bad feeling I would have to remove the dash to do it properly. I can do it easy but i need to drive the car daily so its a problem with time. Thanks guys.

CMF_Peter Felix

» CMF Member
Micra_King WROTE:

"Hi all. I just finished removing over 4L of water from my car. Most of it was in the spare tyre wheel well and I have now fixed the problem as I knew how it was getting in but the leaking into the passenger side has me stumped. It can only be getting in via the two vents (See photo) and im guessing its then getting in via the air con vents but how do I find and fix the problem? I hope somone here has fixed the same problem or has a workshop book to tell me where the vents go.<BR>

Micra_King WROTE:

"Hi all. I just finished removing over 4L of water from my car. Most of it was in the spare tyre wheel well and I have now fixed the problem as I knew how it was getting in but the leaking into the passenger side has me stumped. It can only be getting in via the two vents (See photo) and im guessing its then getting in via the air con vents but how do I find and fix the problem? I hope somone here has fixed the same problem or has a workshop book to tell me where the vents go.<BR>

Micra_King WROTE:

Micra_King WROTE:

Micra_King WROTE:

"Whats the best way to get to the heater core?

life coach WROTE:

"Check your heater core..<BR><BR>Sean

life coach WROTE:

"Check your heater core..<BR><BR>Sean

Micra_King WROTE:

Micra_King WROTE:

Micra_King WROTE:

Micra_King WROTE:

Micra_King WROTE:

Micra_King WROTE:

Micra_King WROTE:

Micra_King WROTE:

Micra_King WROTE:

Micra_King WROTE:

Micra_King WROTE:

Micra_King WROTE:

Micra_King WROTE:

The best way to check if the vents are really leaking, use a garden hose and splash some water on them. If they are really leaking, you will find water inside the car. If not - the problem is somewhere else. These vents also have a drain on both sides of the car do check for blockage - goodluck!

peter

CMF_Peter Felix

» CMF Member
You will need to remove the wipers & the black plastic shield to get to them. The drains are simple just water channels on both sides from where rain water drains out and only fresh air gets into the car.

Removing the shield will also give you a chance to check the area below for holes caused by rust which may be just the reason for water getting into your car.

regards,

Peter

Back