Off-topic: Peoples Ethics...

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Hey, I guess this isnt exactly related to anything,
But it did happen to my poor little baby :(
I was driving thru a shopping centre carpark at night, and i accidently turned down a 1-way part coz the arrows on the floor were worn off. I get 1/2 way and come across some car going the other way. There was heaps of room for us both to get thru, but as i went past this guy rolled down his window, and spat a big one right on my Micras driver side window. He then drove off like he didnt care, while i was left to find somewhere to store all my rage. My question is, what should i have done and why would someone do that? Is the world really going down the ****ter?
Thx for reading,
Toma

cisco

» CMF Member
I'm sorry to hear that, its terrible. Very easy for that kind of crap to happen thesedays.

So much tension and increasing stress levels in the world at the moment.

Everyone working more and more, less time, more hassles with things breaking due to mass production, lots of people tired and fed up, plus its a busy time of year and everyone is clapped out.

I get dark at people going down the wrong lanes aswell, but I would never spit on them. That's just filthy and no excuse at all. But some guy was going the wrong way at me recently, anyone can do it, yeah just move over and get over it and let them through. They didn't do it to be annoying on purpose. Get over it and move on.

I guess sometimes it seems like you do the right thing all the time, and all you seem to see is idiot after idiot going down the wrong lane. But that idiot that spat on your car needs to consider that they are all different people, and you probably haven't done that all year a single time, and this was a one off honest mistake that anyone can do. But to him, he's probably ran into 10 people doing the same thing and its all been bottled up. The real idiots are the ones you follow and they don't use a single blinker anywhere, you know for them its not a 1 off mistake. They are rude, lazy morons. Shouldn't be on the road.

Difficult.

Its not the world either, just Australian society is going downhill lately I think.

In Japan I was so impressed, someone will be doing 60kmh down a main road, and you might be wanting to turn across that road in front of them, so you're there waiting. Well extremely common for them to come to a complete stop from 60kmh so they stop dead in the main road, just to let you go across. Bloody legends they are, makes you sad after the crap we see here on a daily basis.

Everyone should let everyone else in, wave, say thanks. Always use your indicators, never slacken off, never cut across both lanes in a roundabout like a loser etc etc. All simple things that are extremely courteous to your fellow road users.

The people I see in front of me cut across both roundabout lanes really p155 me off, because they think they can be lazy and own the road. What if I floored my powerful turbo and wanted to go past them, they could be in any lane and then come across because they are oblivious and have no courtesy or intelligence.

Its all about courtesy.

If you make a mistake, I think it helps the other person to know that you can learn and are sorry, by waving at them and saying "sorry" with your window down. Otherwise they can think you are someone who doesn't think you've done anything wrong and that's the most annoying thing.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
"cisco":

ABSOLUTLY BRILLIANT!!!

I couldnt have put that any better even if exactly what u put down happens here "UK". it does. the point u got SPOT ON was "CUTTING LANES AT ROUNDBOUT". everytime i come to around about now, I HAVE TOO< JUST HAVE TO, give way to EVERY CAR in FEAR that they will hit my car. i see it so many times (and u to by the sounds of it) and its just so stupid. they only cut not even a "Second" of there travel time by cutting into the other lane so y not just keep to THEIR lane and not spend 30mins takeing the other persons INSURANCE DETAILS.

riduculous!

and to "Toma" thats not very nice on your behalf casue that guys an idiot!!!

Napster

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
One thing that annoys me is when you let someone in on a motorway or at a junction by flashing your lights or something and they dont say thanks.

Even in the van, because you cant see a hand signal, we flash the indicators to say thanks! Just dont understand how people can be so rude :-]

As cisco says too much bottled up frustration and not a care in the world for anyone else.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Thanks cisco :D
Also, i did wave a sorry and he stopped right next to me as we passed and then he rolled down his window, i thought he was gonna let me say sorry but lucky (i spose) he spat too fast for me to roll down my window.
And yeh, im always letting people in and being nice :(
My plan is to simply let karma catch up to him. If he's gonna be a jerk his whole life, he'll never get laid, never hold a job and hopefully, end up in prison sharing a bunk with a fat transexual named Jane. :D~

Also, the Micra is now washed. ;)

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Just to add to this fact that people are getting worse,

I had my Xmas pressent, an in-car tv, stolen over night while i was at my g/f's house. They got in thru the driver side, stole my CD's, the TV, and even the little novelty cigarette lighter plug that my Dad had got my for my bday. Also, my ashtray, which had about $1.10 in it, was found down the driveway, ripped out, and they also tried stealing my sporty gearknob. But the weak ****heads couldnt pull it off.

2 days after Xmas and people are out theiving.

I swear, the world is going down the crapper. Or maybe just Perth.

cisco

» CMF Member
Sorry to hear that Toma. Definately not surprising any more. I'm paranoid about locking everything up and putting things all the way thesedays. Very sad.

Drugs, soft laws, not enough powers for police any more. Crims laughing in the face of police because they know they can't touch them. Ridiculous.

No need to be scared walking on the streets of Singapore. Tidy as, not a piece of chewing gum on the ground. Laws for the people to protect the people.

China laughs at how soft we are in Australia. With 1b+ people over there, they can't afford to be, otherwise they would be ruled by mob violence etc. I hope there is a big revolt type thing in Australia sometime and we wake up and change the laws. Crims run the show here thesedays because we let them.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
How did they get into your car?

Was it unlocked?

Micras are increddibly pretty hard to break into dude. IF you dont know what the innards of the doors look like you can be standing there for over 10 minutes fiddling with the rods, unless you get lucky first go!

I suggest you get yourself an alarm system. Something simple like a Mongoose M60S with the siren mounted inside the cabin will do the trick.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Spot on cisco. I feel safer walking around singapore at 10:00PM at night than I do walking around Brisbane, or any other city in australia.

I type english good in my second paragraph there. :)

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Yhe. Our laws are ridiculous. The only people that complain about hard laws are hippies and crims. And they both suck. :D

I went out and got a 120db alarm today. Works off the electrical current dropping (aka. door lights) AND off a shock sensor.

I did think about mounting it inside the car, but what if they find it and cut it before i wake up/anyone pays attention? Im gonna stick to the inside-bonnet deal for now, maybe get a 2nd horn for inside. Lets see some crim take my stereo with a 120db pointed at his f*kn face! >:)

Anyway, hope my luck decides to turn around sometime soon :(

My other genious idea, is for areas with high crime rate, have a Street sign that says "You are entering a high crime rate area, secure all belongings" when you enter the suburb.
Sure residents will complain, but it'll make everyone new to the area a bit more aware. AND, it'll incourage local government to get better police in the area to lower the crime rate. I might write a letter to the newspaper and goverment about this one :D~

Anyway, ill be ok :( i hope.
Cyas!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
If you get a battery backup siren, when they cut the wire going to it - it will go off. The only way they can shut it up then is to remove it and chuck it out of the car.

If you fasten it with some star key bolts to the inner metal dash support - it isnt going anywhere and the criminals will not be coming back for a while.

As for sirens and people hearing them, well I reckon its useless. None pays proper attention to a car alarm anymore.

what you should of done is got out your car and give him a good hiding. or chased hi down. im sorry but behaviour like that is inexcusable. there is only one thing people like that understand. im usually very level headed when it comes to driving and dont get mad at anyone coz i know i have done the same/worse before. i only get angry when abuse starts getting thrown about.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Just like the case about a couple of months ago in a particularly bad area of South Auckland. Pissed off acr driver followed truck driver. When the truck stopped, the car driver went up & opened the truck drivers door & started beating him up with a hammer. Truck driver was dragged out of the cab onto the ground & beaten some more.
All this caught on security camera for public viewing pleasure.
This guy is now bunking with "Jane".
Personally I'd make do with a parting finger.
However if I knew I was driving the wrong way, I'd just be pleased my window was up.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Hmmm, road rage. Reminds me of the poor guy who was teaching his daughter to drive, some maniac following her ran her off the road because she wasn't going fast enough, and stabbed her dad in the eye with a screwdriver and blinded him for life. Thank god for driving schools.

CMF_MALLIE

» CMF Member
Good thing your window was up or it would have been real nasty.

I think the world is going to the crapper when things like that happen, people just don't care anymore about anything.

I need people doing stupid stuff everyday, running red lights in busy traffic, fully speeding thru school zones, crashing into parked cars in car parks and just driving off, people getting road rage and assaulting someone in their car just cos they cut them off, the list goes on.

I guess we all put up with a lot of crap nowadays on the road, at work and at home. I'm always ready to strangle my neighbours who throw huge parties which end up having fights at the bottom of my driveway at like 3am and waking up to find my letterbox smashed and beer bottles throughout my front yard (which I threw into their front yard).

Getting your car broken into is the worst, my first, second, third and forth cars all got broken into over the years, some pratt broken the window just to get some pocket change, my stereo and/or my speakers.

I'd hate to think what I would do if someone broke into my Micra nowadays or my Maxima, especially if I caught them in the act.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Well I may be an old fart but feel a lot of the problems stem from lack of proper upbringing by parents. If parents do not teach their kids basic manners, right from wrong and generally set an example what hope have the kids got??
Add to this lenient laws which in some cases protect the wrong doer more than the victim.
A lot of parents think its up to school teachers to teach children social graces where this is a parent issue.
I could never be a teacher. Would not have the patience and now of course you cannot lay a hand on them or else the teacher is in big trouble.
Comes down to lack of respect and consideration for other people.
There, said my bit.

CMF_MALLIE

» CMF Member
Speaking from experience I think one of today's problems that I see in my own neighbourhood is that youths are bored so they get up to no good.

I guess that could fall back on their parents letting them run amok at night, etc.

Back