Water in boot/wheel well?

Has anyone had a problem / leak where some water gathers in the wheel well in the boot?
Our's is leaking a bit e.g. after rainfall, it seems to getting in from the near/left hand /passenger side (in the UK), after taking the carpet and trim off in the left hand side, found a potential area in a grommet behind the rear of the wheel arch, where someone has had a aftermarrket rear parking sesnsor system fitted, sealed this up but still getting water ingress. :-(
Removed and sealed with butyl rubber goo the whole hatch seal, removed and sealed the rubber boot for the cabling in the hatch thats in the left hand hatch gutter, , also removed the rear light and checked and sealed that but still get the small leak. :-(
It's doesnt seem to matter if the car is pointing up or down hill, still get a small trail of water on the left hand rear bulkhead in the boot underneath the floor :-( Just dribbles down there and get a small puddle in the wheel well, if left overnight / a day or two, most elusive, cant see it when using a hose etc including from underneath the car/in the wheel arch, up under the rear bumper, just gathers over a day or so {:-{.

My wife's Micra had some water in her wheel well..... I believe it was either water from a bottle she had left in her boot which had leaked OR the passenger side rear light cluster letting water by. A light had blown anyway so had to remove the light cluster and refit. Wheel well has stayed dry since!

Late reply and revival of this. Spotted small puddle near spare wheel whilst blowing tyres. I found a strange ingress of water coming from the top right hand side of the boot/roof. Open boot - top right run off from the roof. Only found it as there was residual brown solid gunk from previous attempted repair a friend spotted. Guess when they are welding it out in India this is a weak point. Did a temp fill and no leak. Will do proper job. I confirmed it first pouring some posh smelly car wash in that area and the puddle in the boot smelt the same. May or may not be same problem as you.

Back