Weller wheels

pork

Club Member
After a bit of thinking iv decided I want to buy myself a brand new set of these, as it's cheaper than the banded steelies route. Plus I thinknthey will look great
Thing is I have no idea bout offset pcd bla bla bla.

So my question is, what should I ask for when ordering? I want the lip to stick out jus a little, and in 13 inch. Just need to know the rest. Any help appreciated

i spoke to these in great depth last year and they are very limited on widths and offsets in the 4x100 pcd and wont make specials unless there making like a run of 10 or 20 or something

i spoke to these in great depth last year and they are very limited on widths and offsets in the 4x100 pcd and wont make specials unless there making like a run of 10 or 20 or something

Do you know which offset and width I would need from the available rims that they do?

Measure out from your current rim edge, to where you would like the new rim edge to sit. Add that to the existing width of your wheels. Then you would need to calculate the offset of that imaginary wheel.

Draw out the wheel in section, so you would have a line say 7" long, representing the width of the wheel, and mark the center as a vertical line, measure the back space of the wheel you used for the test measurement and draw that on as a vertical line as well. The difference between these too is your offset. Compare those specs to what is available "off the shelf" from weller.

You could even put the specs of this imaginary "perfect" wheel into something like www.willtheyfit.com and use that to compare other available wheels.

Dont forgeth that you can lower the offset of higher offset wheels by using spaces, but you cant increase the offset of low offset wheels.

If you decide on a width then basically if the offset is lower (a low positive or negative number) it will push the wheel out from the car, if the offset is higher it will pull the wheel into the car and more under the arch.

You could use your diagram of your perfect wheel and compare this to simmilar diagrams of wheels available - that might help with comparing different widths and offsets to get the right combination.

Presumably you have also followed other build threads - RTLkyuubi's for instance and seen how wheels with know specs fit on other cars the same as yours.

Have my ramblings been any use at all?

yea its pollys i was dealing with, they've upgraded there line up now, 13x7, et 3 on the back and et 15 on the front will be sweet.

im thinking if i have 300 notes spare now haha

f273ede5.jpg

S73F2080.jpg

P1318229.jpg

13 x 5.5 et -something

i reckon them 8x13 et 15 would sit perfectly on my 11 with some 175/50/13 tyres stretched on ;) now where did i put that spare £500 i had lol

have we ever had a k11 with 8j wheels on???

Yes, an unmentionable person on here ran some borbets on a wide arch K11 once before it was dismantled.

Back