well today sucked hard!!!

Kamarley

If it aint Jap its Crap!
today i went to the scrap yard and got myself two k11 boot lifters for my bonnets..... hard than it looks to fit so gave up with 7 holes in the underside of my bonnet, then took all my badges off and sanded them, primered them the sprayed them with matte black paint.... but the paint keeps pealing... dunno if im not leaving it long enough to dry or if its too cold tonight, but i need it finished and dryed and put back on the car by 20:00 tonight for a meet -_- any ideas for me guys?

kinda depends on the paint...
Most paint needs to cure for a certain length of time (24hrs perhaps) before it takes properly to a surface...and becomes hard enough to not peel/chip etc...
possibly...you may be able to speed it up with a hairdryer?....maybe ...
if all else fails...nail varnish? :p

Good luck

paint needs a clean grease-free surface to bond onto and not too stone cold else it'll take awhile to cure between coats.
before any spraying, roughen/key the surface lightly with scotchpad or wet dry, wipe the panel clean with smearless solvent like brake/carb/electronics cleaner, warm up the panel & spraycan to normal ambient 20c temp with hairdrier then begin spray and let it fully cure hard between coats else the layers below won't cure and just peel off again. it cures via evaporating the solvent throughout the paint layer, thinner layers obviously cure faster, hairdrier may speed up the curing? but not too hot else you'll boil the paint off

not the perfect season for painting

so ill leave it now untill 7 then go out and check on it or should i go out and use the hairdrier on them? because it freezing in the garage

They're better off indoors in this weather...it's not just cold at the moment there's a dampness in the air too which won't help it at all.

They're better off indoors in this weather...it's not just cold at the moment there's a dampness in the air too which won't help it at all.
I painted my dash while it was raining in a shed where i had to stand in the door way to paint and that came out alright

I painted my dash while it was raining in a shed where i had to stand in the door way to paint and that came out alright
When i painted my calipers it rained in the afternoon...had to cover the discs with rubber mats held up by axle stands so they could dry :p
...probably should have took them off the car first eh? XD

right everything is back on guys thanks alot one issue though!! my rear nissan badge on the plastic strip wouldnt stick back so i had to use like double sided foamy things? whats the best to stick all the badges back permanently?? ill go get it tomorrow to be on the safe side dont want to loose all todays work while out on a cruise do i....

Back