washer jets??

Your screenwash will be frozen. If you keep trying, you'll blow the fuse for the pump :grinning:.

but where is the fuses for them? seeing as ive lost both since i tried to change engine ive checked all connections and there isnt a peep from the pumps

Me too will, a whole 3 hour motorway journey today with no pump, just de-icer on the screen, but my k11 has been in the garage all night and the rears started working but now they've stopped, both front and rear no longer work, the pump is cylcing and you can see the liquid in the tank, so whats up with it?

welll i have a new revelation, as i always use just plain water as i go through it so much its all very frozen, as when i try to use either the front or rear the revs drop so there must be power getting to the motors but no go as the motors dont even make a noise....

welll i have a new revelation, as i always use just plain water as i go through it so much its all very frozen, as when i try to use either the front or rear the revs drop so there must be power getting to the motors but no go as the motors dont even make a noise....
Plain water in this weather is a very bad idea, it could take ages to de-ice itself now, I've even heard people saying that washer fluid that covers down to -15 is still freezing in the pipes so you need some strong stuff at this time of year!

I whacked a good long scoosh of de-icer into my frozen screenwash bottle, 20 mins later and it was fine. Possibly it will eat the bottle/water lines but it worked :p

got mine working too :D used a kettle of boiled water in the bottle, and then another down the side and they fired into life, then ive filled it with half a bottle of screen wash then a dash of anti-freeze/engine coolant and then topped off with water :D

Isn't that a bad idea with the combination of cold/warm on the container tank? Especially boiling kettle water, seems scarey xD

That mix seems very good though will!

The thing is my pumps fire up but no water is taken in.

Other possible faults apart from freezing. There is a filter that blocks too, located just before the pump. There are also spring loaded balls in the actual jets that block. You can free those off by pushing a pin in. Remove the pipe from under the jet and try again, if the jet is blocked the pump will shove the water out the pipe. If that doesnt happen keep looking around the pump area. Ive left a bottle of asda screenwash in the garden all night and that didnt freeze so i'm thinking of putting that in undiluted. Micras are very bad for the jets freezing. On my astra the tank and pump sits on the bulkhead so the engine thaws it quickly if it freezes.

hi

The fuses are located in the little pannel tht u can take out, on the o/s inbetween door nd steering wheel. however if ur wipers work when u go to wash ur window, then its not the fuse. it could just be that the pumps froze as well, mine did a bit back now, when i jus put water in.

while we are on the subject of washers, is the back wiper suppost to activate when u got to wash the rear window, lyk the front ones do? cause mine doesnt?

thanks, nd hope this helps

steve

mine froze in the ice of late, but after the thaw they still weren't working...this is how i fixed them.
1) unplug the hoses from the barbs (good yank), check water then comes from hose ends so u know everything else is working.
2) unclip from bonnet and take the two ends inside as its bloody freezing.
3) using a small drill bit (usually a match would do, but none at hand) and poke the ball bearing that is right down inside, when it releases you can feel it push in a bit further - and then should feel like you are pushing a spring. wiggle the match or whatever around and see if you can pull and black gunk out.
4) stick thin wire down each of the metal spray bits and wiggle it about and see if u can get any gunk out.
5) repeat 3&4 a few times.
6) stick barbed end under water/running tap and with match pump it abit to get water inside.
7) get a bicycle pump, using the Presta fitting adapter (not the car type, the other smaller one for racing bike type of higher pressure tyres) stick it over the barb, its a pretty good fit. You will probably need to keep pressure on it or get someone to help but give it a good blast and hopefully a load of water and crap should blast out. (I was using a track pump and it was a pretty high pressure before it suddenly blasted through!) It should then be fairly easy to pump air through it after this point as the crap is blown out with the water you added. If not repeat 4) to 7)
8) reassemble and hopefully they will be working better than before. mine have never been so good!

hope this helps someone.

Back