Windscreen Washer Jets

M

MichaelD

Hey, i've had a busy day. I noticed a strong smell of petrol in the car since getting it's timing chain replaced - and decided to call out the RAC today because I didnt want to attempt to find the possible leak. So anyway, turned out It was a leaking fuel filter - and had been leaking petrol into the engine bay for a good week since i had it back! Anyway, the RAC man spent a while changing the hose - and then took me to a car parts shop where we bought a new filter, then he came back and fitted it! He must of been with me for over 90 minutes! :eek: now thats what I call service!

Anyway, I also noticed another small problem today - it's nothing major but quite annoying. The right windscreen washer jet on the front of my car sprays extrememly low down - only just above where the washer sits itself! On the other side it is nice and high though!

So I tried to move the washer jet with my fingers and it didnt look like it was going to budge - anyone got any advice? Will i need new jets- or can their angle/direction be moved some how?

Thanks everyone, and sorry for plugging the RAC - it's just i was so suprised after last year's Greenflag efforts - they turn up and say "where do you want it towed then?" lol

not 100% sure but dont you jus stick a pin in the little holes where the water actually comes out and move it around with that?

just so u know its actually like a ball cupped inside the washer thing so u stick pin in n push it so it rotates the ball it might b bit stiff cuz of all the muck n crap dryed on it

lol, i got rid of my washer jets and replaced them with sum chrome "LED washer jets" never wired them in tho coz it looks crap, but the chrome looks good with the chrome front bit

anywaya, if i hole my trigger to squirt water, it emptys the WHOLE screen wash bottle in about 45 seconds now lol coz they spray fookin powerful :S

totally random post, but, the moral of the story is dnt change them coz i never have any screen wash now lol

Back