Washer jets

grr Fed up with unlocking my bonnet jets!

This sounds lame but this is becoming silly.

I've completely flushed and cleaned the washer bottle. Removed pump and replaced and filled with clean water. Cleaned inside black rubber tubing, poked needle in jets and successfully get them to spray as wanted.

Then after two days, the jets are blocked again. Removing the tubing just before the jets shows a good flow so pump good.

Can anyone think why the jets keep blocking up?
Also, can the jets be disassembled? I've had them of the bonnet but cannot see an obvious way to take them apart.

Alternatively, does anyone have a couple of working jets they can sell me or somewhere you can buy them new?

(97)P reg 1lt K11 muzic, with no rear wiper.

thanks
Mark

frank

Club Member
me too lol :grinning: i ended up running a thin pipe straight to the o/s wiperblade

Attachments

• SDC12350.JPG
    SDC12350.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 311

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
thats the ticket frank!
and the wash bottle needs removing to remove the grunge at the bottom of it fully
do the frank move or remove the non return stuff (spring and round steel ball) from your jets

Daniel

I WILL be back...
A new pair of jets from Euro Car Parts, Halfords, or any local garage? And clean the tank out like R-Reg suggests?

Vitus992

Ex. Club Member
Mine used to do it.
There is some sort of rubbish non return flap in there that keeps jamming shut. Took them out and with a small screwdriver forced the non return flap up so it stuck up all the time. No more issues.

Well with the ones I had I took the jets out of the bonnet etc and stuck a needle up where the pipe goes rather than inside the jets... ended up shoveling loads of solid green slime out.............. cured it I think.....

Maybe somebody used a needle to adjust them and the end snapped off inside the jet, happened to my mate's cleo. Some times it worked fine and sometimes it was blocked.

The washer jets blocking can also be caused by your screenwash additive. I changed a while ago to a ready mixed one that you don't dilute & after never having had a problem in 8 years they blocked. After clearing the jets, emptying out the ready mixed stuff & changing back to a screenwash that's diluted with water, they seem fine again.
:grinning: