Wanted k11 rally lsd

Thier is a 1.5 way Nismo LSD on yahoo auctions japan I would buy it but I am currently broke:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently using a Gripper LSD (from matt humphris) on my 160ftlb turbo k11 with a 30/65 ramp and one-sided clutch pack to fit the speedo gear.
I use it daily with occasional trackdays.

when I first received the diff from matt, it was a normal dual-sided clutch-pack LSD (clutch on both sides of the planet gears) with a 2-way ramp. This type of layout would be more durable and consistant between left/right turns and recommend this type for rallying but the size of both clutches meant there's no room for the speedo gear.

dsc03931b.jpg

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-18#post-444504

the next version was a single-sided clutch LSD so I can fit the speedo gear, with a 45/45 ramp and heavy preload.
the 2-way ramp and heavy preload on public driving developed sudden inconsistant handling when acc/braking during turns and so much loud chatter it eventually shattered the preload beville ring.
dunno if its cos the earlier preload ring design was weaker but it happened afew times.

scaled.php

scaled.php

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-51#post-510710

now on its 3rd rebuild with a more progressive 1.5way ramp and less preload and updated new version of the beville ring, the locking action is very progressive and seems to be much more durable
dsc08087c.jpg

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-77#post-580551

I too would like a diff, but cant run to the full cost of one.

Currently we use a facelift 1.0ltr box, is the diff in this the same as other cars in the Nissan range? IIRC the crownwheel on the micra diff bolts on so it can swapped around?

You'd just need the corresponding pinion gear to go with your choice of crown wheel :) and a big press / puller
the pinion is integral with the output shaft aint it paul ?
and AOC did a group buy of RS5F32 helical diffs a while back (different diff to the type 30 and 31 ones tho)

pretty sure they all are mate :) i toyed with swapping a 4 speed diff into mine, and stripped one of my spare RS5F41,s , but my pinion and shaft were 1 piece (so not possible)

Actually, if you had a new pinion made up and access to an external cylindrical grinding machine you could do it fairly easily. Dunno what the mantime would be though so could be costly to get it done by a machine shop... almost definately pricey for a custom pinion...
Edit:Thats change the pinion on end pf shaft, not other gear pairs

I was more thinking about swapping the diff, the 4.4 crownwheel and pinion is fine what we do a 5.1 would make driving to and from events unbearable....

So thinking is there an diff unit from another Nissan that will fit?

I run a hockly diff. I did'nt really know What type off diff to run but after a discussion about the type off road ralling that I was doing, thay built machine a diff for what I needed. The ramp angle and the % of slip that I needed. All I can say is that Hockly did a top job and for money It was well spent.

Back