vibrations!!! the bad kind!!!

i have quite bad vibration in my 1.0 micra that is there slightly up to 70/80 but as soon as i back off the vibration seriously worsens and the car pulls to the left

now the car has had new outer cv joints in the last 1200 miles 1 by me one by my housemate!!

i jacked the car up and couldnt find any loose componants and i dont think the wheels out of shape (going to check this tommorrow by swapping the fronts to see if the problem transposes!!)

anyway when i was down there i noticed that there was thick black grease all over the shop!! and i soon found that the cv joint clip wasnt tightened enough!! (housemates effort!!)

i gave the driveshaft a wiggle and found that i could rotate the shaft a mm or 2 before the outer joint engaged and started to follow suit!

so this has me thinking that maybe my new cv joint is wrecked! however there is no audible clicking usually associated with cv joints!

so what does msc collective mind think?? fubar cv or something else??

possibly!! i am going to take it all apart tommorrow to inspect it!! but its definately a possibility!! i am also concernered about the quality of the part! (this one was an ebay jobbie) as it seems to be of less quality thasn the nippon one i fitted a few weeks prior (quite a price difference too!! nippon £37 ebay £17 delivered!!)

well it appears the cv is fine repacked it with grease and it all apperars to be ok!! so had a think and took the laft caliper off and the wheel freed up!! so off to scrappys to get a replacement!!!:wasntme:

Back