Boss Kit Bad Luck

CMF_Campbell

» CMF Member
Ok guys i know there has been talk on this topic before but I have been through 2 different boss kits and neither have fitted, I dont know whether it is bad luck or ignorance by me. The first occasion I ordered one through repco specifically for a K11 which didnt fit, then I bought a momo one off ebay which had come off a K11 which also didnt even come close to fitting, Anyone with a boss kit that works could you please tell me what brand it is and what car its made for, cheers guys!

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Hey Campbell was the one you got off eBay only last week from Adelaide? I saw that one - it stated pretty clearly that it came off a K11. I think it was off a 97 S2. What year is your K11? I would have thought they'd be the same.

Matt.

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
try fitting it to another micra? have you compared the two to see if their the same?

what model micra do you have? do you still have the stock steering wheel in it?

smidge

» CMF Member
you 100% they don't fit? they sometimes take some coaxing or grease/oil to get them to slide onto the spline

autobarn, N13/N14 boss kit will DEFINITELY fit...

i could possibly find you the part number for it so you know you're getting the right one

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
the boss kit i have from auto barn for a k11 fits but there is very little room between the steering wheel and the indicators does the n14 one give more clearence

CMF_Campbell

» CMF Member
Ok firstly the one from adelaide stated it was from a K11 97, mine is a 95 SLX, there is just no way in the world that it will fit, the boss kit hits the plastic moulding before the spline can even get into the bosskit, yeah im 100% sure it doesnt fit, fiddled with it for a while and its just not happening, I'll try for third time like with a pulsar one i think unless anyone has any other options? cheers for your help fellas!

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
I've tried my mate's one from GKTech that was for R31/R32/S13/S14 I think it was, and fitted with no issues. Didn't have the self-cancelling pins in them at the time, but they would've worked if they were in I reckon.

---dens

CMF_solarice

» CMF Member
if youre running an airbag (think all ozzy micras do?) all that stuff has to come off...and you wont have a center horn push anymore unless you make a replacement item...thats not a hard job though :)

oh ive got a momo boss on mine btw and it fits no probs, though i did have to modify the plastic shroud slightly aswell, to avoid it hitting/rubbing.

Back