Super S ABS driveshafts/CV joints

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
The Super S is slowly coming back to life after an accident, however i need to replace the hub assembly as it broke during the accident. I was going to replace the whole unit (from inner to outer driveshaft) from another wrecked non super s car,however I have then seen a thread on here about the Super S ABS driveshafts and or the CV joints being different because the CV joints have some sort of ABS ring on them ?

Can somebody confirm whether the actual driveshafts are different or whether I can just buy standard a CV joint for a standard micra and then swap onto it the ABS ring from the one I have onto it or is the CV joint itself different in order to accept the ABS ring ?

If it the shafts/CV joints are totally different, where is recommended for me to buy these parts and the approximate cost please.
Thanks

CMF_antos

» CMF Member
My driveshafts were replaced with new items and yes super s ones are different as they do have that a extra ring, the guys in the shop fitted them over to the new ones with no hassles though

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
I think the super s hub is different as it has a spot for the abs sensor. So if you are using a non super s hub you might as well use a non super s cv and not have abs. I've just put non super s driveshafts in my super s and will just take the globe out of the abs light on the dash...

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"I think the super s hub is different as it has a spot for the abs sensor. So if you are using a non super s hub you might as well use a non super s cv and not have abs. I've just put non super s driveshafts in my super s and will just take the globe out of the abs light on the dash...

Pull the ABS fuse, remove ABS light globe from dash cluster and just use normal micra drive shaft.

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
After having no luck with getting the super s hub, i have no choice but to go to a standard hub. If i want to leave the super s driveshaft in place do i just need to take the abs ring off the super s cv to make the standard hub fit on ? Is this possible? In other words is it possible to have a standard cv joint connect to a standard hub but on a super s driveshaft ?

Thanks

Back