New kind of throttlebody-problem?

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Hey there!

I am back with some new problem. In my old thread about my micra i have told about some throttlebody problems. The main problem have been the idle, and the feedback between pushing the gaspedal and the engine (mostly i have pushed the gas pedal, and after 5 seconds the enginge revs up).

8 weeks ago, i have installed a "new" throttlebody from the junkyard. Everthing was perfect, idle, response characteristic between gaspedal and engine.
So, last weekend i was out with some friends for some fast rides, and i decided to install the group-a airintake again to see what will happen compared to the stock "airintake", because before i installend the highflow-cat there was no difference.

And what happened? The throttlebodyproblems are back again, after 2-3 days of using the airintake.

So there are two possibilities:
Removing the sieve/strainer in the throttlebody-throat will cause the problem, or the group-a airintake itself.

By now i am equipped with 3 throttlebody, one in the micra (faulty) and 2 TB one faulty too, and one is good, but i dismantled it completly to do some work on it. A few minutes ago i compared the faulty TB with the good TB with an multimeter, i have checked every contact on the board (when you open the throttlebody at the side, like int he guide here on the forum), around it, absolutly everything, and everything is good (the same), no difference between the faulty TB and the good one. And i am 100% sure that the faulty TB caused the same problems like the TB installed in the micra at the moment.

Any suggestions? I am helpless...

regards,christian

germank11 WROTE:

"Any suggestions? I am helpless...<BR><BR>regards,christian

get a brand new one.. not one that's been pre-flogged. alternatively get a standalone ecu... changing your throttle body for a 2nd hand one from the wreckers is just giving you a time extension... they all **** out eventually..

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
I don't think this will solve the problem... Because every throttlebody worked fine, until i fixed the air intake and removed the sieve from the throat of the throttlebody.
Until now i ****ed up 3 throttlebodies, 2 of them i picked up from the junkyard, and the first one was the throttlebody of my old engine, and the old one was 100% correct!

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
christian, i,ve been running with no mesh/sieve for years, i had a similar problem where i soldered the joints on 2 t/b,s and it was ok for a few days then played up again, and when i disturbed the plug (dirty contacts ?) on the maf if corrected.
fit a GA 1.6 t/b, i prefer them by far :)

frank

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Hey frank!

A few minutes ago i checked the throttlebody board again. There is one difference i have not seen yesterday evening. I will post a picture. I have checked the two lower contacts with the multimeter, the faulty TB-board comes out with 5740 OHM, the good one with 136400 OHM!
I will fix the good board to the throttlebodyshell, and will try it tomorrow!

Whats the modell name of nissan using the GA 1.6 TB?
Is it this one? :
http://cgi.ebay.de/SUNNY-N14-Y10-GA...66:2|39:1|72:1229|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Attachments

• 45771.jpg
    45771.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 32

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
yeh, that looks like the one christain (mine was almera 96ish), they,re 50mm dia (25% more area than stock iirc) they have 2 idle control valves, ( i cut mine off, and fitted the CG one back on) but the maf,s are more reliable and they,re removable anyway

frank

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Ok thanks.

I will look for that TB. When i am ready to start, could you help me with the work on the valves?

regards!

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"christian, i,ve been running with no mesh/sieve for years, i had a similar problem where i soldered the joints on 2 t/b,s and it was ok for a few days then played up again, and when i disturbed the plug (dirty contacts ?) on the maf if corrected.

fit a GA 1.6 t/b, i prefer them by far :)

frank

I was always told it was a ga15 tb but from what i have seen there all carby?

So its the ga16 one yeah from the almera

Back