upper and lower rear link arms

hi ,new to the site, having a real struggle removing the bolts off the rear link arms upper and lower ,both sides, they are seezed solid,, anyone had this problem? any help would be great,, thanks jj

Try spraying WD40 or plus gas or similar. Then after a few minutes use a long breaker bar and rock it back and forth to loosen the thread (as in loosen and tighten gradually). Done try to force it open if its rusty as hell otherwise you will just end up rounding the bolt or snapping it. Could try heating it up as well with a blow torch or heat gun.

hi ,new to the site, having a real struggle removing the bolts off the rear link arms upper and lower ,both sides, they are seezed solid,, anyone had this problem? any help would be great,, thanks jj

sadly very common fwn the bolts tend to seize inside the sleeve of the rubber bush, and you will probably end up grinding the head and tail of the bolt off :eek:

Snap! i just put a rear disc axle on mine last week and the old bolts/bushes were a right nightmare! one of the bushes has been trashed. i was hoping to find some new ones but theyre like hens teeth! matt humphries does some for £25 each, but 4 of them and thats as much as i paid for the axle!

frank- im going to have to do that to get one arm off, but your then still left with the problem of the bolt shaft siezed in the bush. do they smash out in the vice etc or are we talking new bushes!

frank- im going to have to do that to get one arm off, but your then still left with the problem of the bolt shaft siezed in the bush. do they smash out in the vice etc or are we talking new bushes!
no you can use a socket or tube so that you have something solid to drift the bolt out once its off the chassis eh (thats why they,re such a pita, you try to knock the bolt out and it just bounces eh fwn)

trailing link arm

well i had to grind the arm off and had it on the vice and still could not move the bolt,,just wondering if a hydaulic press might be the way to go, i tryed hammering the bolt with a socket on the bottom but no joy,, this has been some job to change an axile,thanks guys for the replys, jj

jj cale do you mean the stabilizer links that attach on to the rear axle or the stblizer on the front of the car. If you are trying to take off the link there should be like a star shape fitting on the bolt sticking out spray a bit of wd or simular on it leave it over night. There well seized on the back took me two days to bloody take them off. hold the star shape with a rattchett and turn the bolt this will stop the thing from turning. renewd my front droplinks and antiroll barbushes same principall.

Back